Drying imperfections in new plaster.

daz739

Hi there
Just had living room recently skimmed and some patches look like this see attached photos. My
DSC_0298.JPG
DSC_0296.JPG
question is will they dry ok plus will the pattern be seen once painted the colour will be a light grey.

Thanks

Mmmmmmmm
Did he flood your floor lashing water up the wall after he had lunch down the pub in between laying on and final trowel

Was it plasterboard? Sometimes when the plasterboard is damaged and the paper comes off or if there is a hole in the old plaster and wasn’t pva’d it dries crazy fast and the plaster cracks like that, to which point the plasterer has a f**k it and loads up the cracked area with fat. Least thats what i do

Hi there
Just had living room recently skimmed and some patches look like this see attached photos. MyView attachment 53987View attachment 53988 question is will they dry ok plus will the pattern be seen once painted the colour will be a light grey.

Thanks
When it's fully dried tap the areas lightly , take off any hollow sounding areas , filler , beer , sand , beer , mist coat , beer , etc

Was it plasterboard? Sometimes when the plasterboard is damaged and the paper comes off or if there is a hole in the old plaster and wasn’t pva’d it dries crazy fast and the plaster cracks like that, to which point the plasterer has a f**k it and loads up the cracked area with fat. Least thats what i do
Literally happened to me last week. I skimmed over a bit of water damaged ceiling to tidy it up. Boards firm, just a crack and I didn’t charge extra as just whacked on what was left in the bucket. Paper fail as I was troweling. Had to scrape that bit out and knock up a scoop. So just wet it down. Crazed a bit but seemed alright after I stared it down with a proper stink eye!