dry wall system

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubs69

has anybody used the dry-wall system??? tapered edge boards and tape with easi-fill joint s**t??
seems a good idea on large areas???

its only a good idea if you dont have to sand it down, you cannot beat a good skim finish on board

you on about ames taping? If so ive done loads, but only on walls in say a factory or warehouse. where its not practical to use finish plaster.ie a wall say 100m2and they dont want no joints in the finish, You need a good run and some meterage to tell you the truth,use paper tape for the three coat work, or fibatape if its two coats of easi fil,Fill out with joint filler, the two coats joint cement, feathered out each time, sand down then paint it with gyproc primer if its painted or sealer if its a kitchen, bathroon sort of scenario. You do need a good run or it'll be just as quick to use finish plaster :)

as above, if you're on site and got 10 houses to do, tape and joint is quicker so its cheaper for the contractor, for anything smaller, extensions etc, you're better off skimming.

pft would you give us an idea of the steps involved in tape jointing ...........i might get bitten by the oz bug :)

pft would you give us an idea of the steps involved in tape jointing ...........i might get bitten by the oz bug  :)
If your going to do any T&J your boarding needs to be pretty bob on because your using the surface of the board as the finish,
Socckets should be cut pretty smart,ect. We pretty much use the easi fill system, fiba tape on tapered edge boards, 2 coats of easi fil, for beading you can use skim beads or corner tape,(the stuff with metal strips in it) Scrim up, fill tapers flush,and butt joints, to make a decent job the filler should be flat as...... this makes sanding very easy, using P100 or P120 paper. then treat surface with primer ready for decoration. Its pretty easy mate.  :)

i get stuck on the butt joints mate :( is it just a case of feathering it out ? i think i may have been a lazy barstuard on my last t/j outing and tried two coating them also on the corners mate do you do opposites or use a twitcher?

definatly skim it mate, i fecking hate sanding down and so will you after you try it. also skimming is alot better finish.

Just feather out the butts yur sanding will get them pretty much, you can do all angles reveals ect in one no need for opposites, just run a Marshall angle trowell down the corners and ceiling angles,

No probs lad, for sanding i use a dewalt sander flys through it, but if you`ve not got a massive area your aswell skimming it.

saw a tool on site couple of months ago, sanded and hoovered in one, mutts nuts, however, this is the plasterers forum, tape and joint? ;) yuk!

anyone tried that sandpaper thats like a mesh? i thought it was designed for drylining? sheets fit a sanding pole, doesnt clog at all and lasts for bleedin ages...just wish i knew where i could buy it, last place i seen it was a diy shop 30 miles away...
rothenberger (plumbing gear) have ripped it off and have started selling it to plumbers for silly money ripped up into 20mm strips for shining up coper tube prior to soldering...works really well too..plus no steel wool splinters in yer fingers...and it lasts ages on copper too..

Status
Not open for further replies.