Dropping plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was working today with and elctrician and when I had scraped some wallpaper and started to brush up he said to leave it because any plaster i would drop would land on it and would'nt land on the floor. Not heard of this before but it was a good tip so I will share it with the forum:RpS_biggrin:

I asked him if he had any work for me as well but he said he did'nt because he used some other spread who was cheaper but because he did alot of cash jobs. l do'nt agrwee with this i will pay tax when it comes. i wo'nt but I feel like telling the tax about it and then there would be one less spread on my patch:RpS_biggrin: what have you other lads done to get rid of other plasterers on your patch. do'nt be shy:RpS_biggrin:

clean up and put a drop board down . then you can pick up the plaster you drop and use it. Leave the paper on the floor and you cant pick up the droppings. your choice I knomine

This guy is unreal didnt your city n guilds teach you about floor protection n respect for fellow tradesmen

you would not use dropped plaster mate it would be dirty and contaminated so would be weaker than the other plaster. i would never do that in any job. i am just talking about keeping the floor clean. its' a tip for you today:RpS_thumbup:

We have some gypo's round our way who'll make anyone vanish for £59.99 plus expenses I get them to make the competition disappear. Never trust a man who keeps pigs.

You will get told and pick up plenty of tips along the way in this game some good some bad its the start of your learning curve and all adds up to "experience" a lot of the spreads on here could share loads with you :RpS_thumbup: I've been in the game 26 years and still learn new things, never to old to learn mate! :RpS_biggrin:

I was working today with and elctrician and when I had scraped some wallpaper and started to brush up he said to leave it because any plaster i would drop would land on it and would'nt land on the floor. Not heard of this before but it was a good tip so I will share it with the forum:RpS_biggrin:

I asked him if he had any work for me as well but he said he did'nt because he used some other spread who was cheaper but because he did alot of cash jobs. l do'nt agrwee with this i will pay tax when it comes. i wo'nt but I feel like telling the tax about it and then there would be one less spread on my patch:RpS_biggrin: what have you other lads done to get rid of other plasterers on your patch. do'nt be shy:RpS_biggrin:

No wonder your called Dave the DOG to even think of informing the taxman on a fellow tradesman, shame on you.

thanks marshy you are never to old to learn. some people think they know it all and laugh at others. a dust sheet mate on floorboards. why. gps read the post mate it said i would'nt tell about the tax. shame on you for not being able to reads mate:RpS_biggrin:

You miss the point Dave if the floor is clean and you have a drop board you can pick up your droppings . "Save money" by reusing . Only the setting coat that should not be picked. Slightest bit of crap in it will drive you mad. The way I was taught you didn't come away from the spotboard before you could load the hawk, pick up all the float coat on the trowel and cut a trowel full from the hawk. If you learn that you wont drop much

i do'nt drop much topstrop1 and you are wrong to scrape plaster from a floor and use it because it is contaminated and you will get hairline cracks mate. you would not save the money because you would have to do the work again mate. that is how i do it but you can do it different mate

Good tip, Dave, mate. I will write that one down, mate, in case I forget it, mate. Thanks, mate. You live and learn.

i do'nt drop much topstrop1 and you are wrong to scrape plaster from a floor and use it because it is contaminated and you will get hairline cracks mate. you would not save the money because you would have to do the work again mate. that is how i do it but you can do it different mate

Are u a 1st year apprentice pal a spark told u that

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by DavetheDog

Dave "der" Did I say scrape it from the floor. NO pick up the backing coat are use it (before it sets) in case I have to explain that as well.
So you want to educate a 71 year old time served plasterer "try" we all have processes to learn but this is real basics

give google a bell mate and ask when there going to pay some tax. just because someone is paid in cash dont mean he not putting through the books.

iv'e no idea marshy either. how do you ask freinds marshy?
How do you mean Dave?? Ask a particular person on the forum something? If that's it? All you do is type the"@" symbol and then their username in your post and they will get notified that you have mentioned them

When I'm stripping render I leave the rubble lying at bottom of scaffold till after I've sbr'd it to catch any drops. Top tip number two :RpS_thumbsup:

give google a bell mate and ask when there going to pay some tax. just because someone is paid in cash dont mean he not putting through the books.
Your right I get paid alot of times in cash but goes in the bank and my books as I have mortgage /bills to pay

Heres a tip, work with any of my fellow spreads and stick three walls on a box room and then try and justify £200 quid. As for bubbling another tradesman into the Tax words dont cut it:RpS_mad:.

what the f uck is goin on here hes clearly a double or someone on the wind up no one in there right mind unless they was a complete bell end **** would just finish a course and reckon they are worth 200 every day, and some of the questions thats been asked recently by him come on really, think of it like this wheres nisus been for a while:RpS_sneaky:, its not ******* he wouldnt be clever enough to think some of this crap up

I fookin hate snitches, especially ones on another trade.

I hope some f**k*r rips ya b*ll***s off for even thinking it, never ming typing on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.