drill or mixer??

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan

alright lads

when i finally get plastering myself what would you recommend me getting for mixing?? a decent sds hammer drill like hilti or a decent mixer?? i wont be going on site so i wont be knocking up big mixes ...

Best thing ever! And it'll keep ya fit:RpS_wink:
Yours for £100 plus courier:RpS_thumbsup:
024.jpg

sparky 2 speed 1010 watt supplyed with 2 mixing paddels 110v or 240v £ 127.63 + vat 2 grip handle like refina looks good from trade point :RpS_wink:

sparky 2 speed 1010 watt supplyed with 2 mixing paddels 110v or 240v £ 127.63 + vat 2 grip handle like refina looks good from trade point :RpS_wink:

I had one of them sparky ones about 3yrs ago didn't last very long though, then sparks were coming out the top :-0

Got a similar one now it's ok.

But the £9.99 b&q drill is the best :RpS_laugh:

(I'm not joking either, shove refina up your arse) :RpS_lol:

B&Q's own brand drill for me. 20 odd quid and run it til it bursts!!! Now that is what i call value for money!!

Bubbles whats that?????? Do you mix with that thing???

I used to! Up here it's called a plodger or podger. Funny thing is I kept it in the van for about 5 years after I bought my first mixer .....and I've still got it in the shed in case I need it - if there's no leccy!!!!

mixing drill.jpg Got one of these. Can recommend highly:RpS_thumbup:. Lasted me about 5 years now just replaced propeller twice in that time. Always worth keeping a plunger with you 2. Sods law you'll get a power cut half way through knocking up second gauge!!

Just seen that that pic come up really small!! It's a Ryobi plaster mixer. Yours for about 200 quid...

I used to! Up here it's called a plodger or podger. Funny thing is I kept it in the van for about 5 years after I bought my first mixer .....and I've still got it in the shed in case I need it - if there's no leccy!!!!

Its a plunger you Northeners lol :RpS_laugh:

View attachment 101Got one of these. Can recommend highly:RpS_thumbup:. Lasted me about 5 years now just replaced propeller twice in that time. Always worth keeping a plunger with you 2. Sods law you'll get a power cut half way through knocking up second gauge!!

Just seen that that pic come up really small!! It's a Ryobi plaster mixer. Yours for about 200 quid...
You was robbed they have them in jtf round our way for 99quid,i use a cheap 20 quid sds drill with chisel action lasts for 2yrs maybe more when its broke chuck it get another one.

got a berg 110v 5yrs old was about 125.00

sparky 240v had for 2 yrs about 100.00 from screwfix

all do the job fine....

thanks for the advice lads

i have just got a start at b&q trade point while im doing my corse i had to take the job as my gaffer had a quiet period for a few weeks and i needed a constant income.I dont get my discount until 3 months which is 20% not to bad

You was robbed they have them in jtf round our way for 99quid,i use a cheap 20 quid sds drill with chisel action lasts for 2yrs maybe more when its broke chuck it get another one.
Correction.... my old boss was robbed. I didn't pay a bean :). Just googled it to see for rough prices!

They were always known as a plodger down here in Essex and you can mix a bucket of finish at least as quick with one as you can with a drill.

believe me, i can mix a bucket of finish with a drill quicker than i can with a podger

there's been a few occasions where i've had to mix up by hand, not quick but a nicer mix imo

never used a plodger before.... but have the electric go half way through mixing for second coat.... thats ****!

I neeed to buy a new mixer as someone nicked my transformer...and well quite frankily I have no interest in going back on site :)

Can't beat the bosch grw11e if you shop around you'll get one for just over the 300 mark pays for itself in a week strongest mixer i've ever owned last one is still going strong had it 8 years now :)

In Notts/Derby thats called a punch!! :RpS_thumbup:
I can remember when I was a labourer many moons ago (2 & 1 gang) & I had to mix for the two spreads in the (now) small yellow buckets with a stick & a punch.. It was flat out work for about a hour then you got a rest :)
Thank god for mixers & the flexi tubs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.