dri wall adisive

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

how long dose it take to dry? doin a 9 ft high wall and the boards are 8ft so i would like to know the safe time to take the bricks out that are propping up the boards with out it all sliding down, thanks

so dont ou know then

rockhardsolidplasterin thanks for your input

, was hoping to get the job finished tomoz

it shud be ok to remove the bricks after 1hr 30 or you can do it wen the jobs finished doesnt really matter

not being funny mate, if the wall is 9ft and the board is 8 ft, why cant you put the cut at the top, and have a smaller packer at the bottom, then it dont matter when it goes off !

del said:
not being funny mate, if the wall is 9ft and the board is 8 ft, why cant you put the cut at the top, and have a smaller packer at the bottom, then it dont matter when it goes off !
exactly what I was thinking, when I do d&d I always leave it to the following day before moving my packers out.

if you havnt already got the boards can you not get 3 mtr boards delivered? if not just bang the cuts at the top will be good to skim after 90 mins or so, well as soon as the boards have no bounce at the joints

bigseggs is busy rock he's teaching youre missus the art of ............'doing her up the wrong un'

If in doubt becuse you had to put the adhesive on heavy in places becuse of uneven walls just leave the packers there and tell customer take take them out in a weeks time,they wont get in the way of you skimming it and it will only take custome 2 minutes to do.

skimmin2day said:
better safe than sorry.only on walls that are realy uneven like i say.
Most times im skimming within an hour.

do you put coving up before skimming????

i had to leave the bottom because the fella was getting underfloor heating put in after i was finished, so i needed to leave room for the heating and the new tiles. punks

alritey ;D

u cud always pi*s in ya water..or use dirty water pal....that always increasing ya setting time of any plaster...if not id say about 1 1/2 to 2 hours
simples :)

Status
Not open for further replies.