Dri wall adhesive question

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodysom

Not done a D&D before, always done S&C and skim for the last 25 yrs, but have a job where this isn't practicle. Do I need to unibond the wall first, it's old hand made bricks that suck for ever and worried it will dry the adhesive out. Tried looking online, some say yes, BG don't mention it, other than damp the substrate if dusty/porus.

Any tips, advice appreciate.

and theres no way you could be plastering for 25 years and never come across dot and dab or been asked to do it

Not done a D&D before, always done S&C and skim for the last 25 yrs, but have a job where this isn't practicle. Do I need to unibond the wall first, it's old hand made bricks that suck for ever and worried it will dry the adhesive out. Tried looking online, some say yes, BG don't mention it, other than damp the substrate if dusty/porus.

from what i have see that board adhesive will stick to anything

Thanks, will just damp the bricks, wasn't sure with this adhesive as it says suitable for high suction backgrounds.

Regarding not doing D&D despite plastering for 25 years, I don't do plastering full time, I do the whole spectrum of work and usually on old properties built with stone (random rubble) so S&C hold the walls together better, also tank them on the ground floor at the same time usually. This D&D is in an upstairs flat, hence not wishing to carry all that muck up the stairs.

it wont hurt to give it a coat of pva first, i,ve seen it not stick to untreated walls before

hi
yep P.V.A first, and don't forget to leave a line of dab on the bottom of board and lift em a bit.
oh yea hi people im new here.

Try some of the Knauf Bonding..... you might be lucky enough to get one of the Knauf Wonker Golden Tickets and Win a Van....

What form do these tickets come in? Only saying because this little hard rectangular thing fell into the mix today, got covered in adhesive and is now in a bucket, set in hardened gear. Am I going to have to chip away at it when I go back to claim my van?

Hi Tony

That was probably the Van Keys.... LOL

They are in the form of a golden cardboard / coated paper... think about 6 by 3 inches.....

What has fell out of the bag mate? save it and contact our office and report it ..... sounds strange....

Each ticket has a telephone number to call with a unique code on it.... each code refers to a prize.....

Hopefully someone will find one from the Forum soon and let us know what it is like!

Just get rid of any dust & wet the walls it won't come off!

Hi, if it's just a small area say 1m square and you have any tile adhesive knocking about then use that , only apply it a little thicker than for a tile

Sorry , I think I should have said that I have used tile adhesive to stick a bit of board to the bottom of a wall so I could fit some skirting where the backing plaster had fallen out

Status
Not open for further replies.