dri-coat

Could you not do it with bauwer ? I've never used it btw

The undercoat sounds good as it can go on thick in one go but the finish I would only blend into the existing paint and not sure how smooth this is. If I wanted to over sKim the lot I would have to use dg27 when it's cured so one too many in the process.

The undercoat sounds good as it can go on thick in one go but the finish I would only blend into the existing paint and not sure how smooth this is. If I wanted to over sKim the lot I would have to use dg27 when it's cured so one too many in the process.

Ok, so you can't skim over bauwer then ? That's a big draw back

Surely you can't skim over sand & cement the same day?
Unless I've been asleep for 25 years!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can if you piss in it..its literally about 1 m2..it will take half hour to bang on..it ain't getting done in 2 days...il think of sumat tbh I dont want to use s&c

You could do Bauwer Light + Bauwer Finish + paint

Bauwer Finish 'firm-up' quickly after application and don't like to be trowelled much. It is possible to achieve a reasonably smooth and flat finish. When applying Finish you need to be fast and not trowel much.

Can you do bottom half bauwer light and then go over the whole wall in light?

Do you mean in their version of finish?
I'm guessing you can if you apply the dg27 to the top half of wall (painted etc) which is a lime based gritty bonding agent but it needs to be left over night to set. I think this would be better than blending in if it's slightly courser than multi or board finish.

Lads I dri coted that work on friday and skimming it 2mz is there owt I need to slap on b4 to control suction etc?

BG reckon you should only skim Dri Coat with board finish and not multi!!?? Personally i think Dri Coat is crap as its full of gypsum which is a big no no where damp is concerned. Dri Zone do 2 renovating pre bagged plasters and do the job without comebacks (y)

BG reckon you should only skim Dri Coat with board finish and not multi!!?? Personally i think Dri Coat is crap as its full of gypsum which is a big no no where damp is concerned. Dri Zone do 2 renovating pre bagged plasters and do the job without comebacks (y)
Cheers marshy..tbh its getting skimmed with multi..its for a landlord etc so he can have it..it wasn't really damp marshy its in a loft area and there had a leak frm roof and it leaked down chimney stack so ive taken about 2m2 off wall was bone Dry and dry coated it Fri..wasnt a damp issue just plaster damaged with the leak..cheers marshy

Lads I dri coted that work on friday and skimming it 2mz is there owt I need to slap on b4 to control suction etc?
Bang it on mate, watch for it bubbling back at you though......I use two coats with a good bit of time between coats (read a book)... don't overtrowell....I find a plastic trowel gets a passable finish quick (I'm always on a time limit). Hope this helps.

Have you used them ? They are expensive and it says only 1m2 coverage a bag

2m2 at 10 mm 1m2 at 20 mm around £13 a bag depending. Plus they do a high lime content one for where a lime render is specified both can be skimmed with multi.

On there site it's £27 and £30 for the lime render
Hence use your area rep and not order online. they are very flexible on prices. I went on a day course in Huddersfield other week regard all their products and methods etc. was very good I have to say

Ok, so you can't skim over bauwer then ? That's a big draw back

We are introducing coloured finishes in December. It would be possible to apply Bauwer Light first day and Arenino finish the following day, so no need to paint after. Both for infernal and external application. External application would require mesh in Arenino layer. Arenino has an easy, nice looking finish.

8 square meters coverage from bag of Arenino and 2.5 squre meters @10mm thickness from each bag of Bauwer Light or 1sqm@25mm. Two layers highly permeable system which is insulating and dehumidifying for older buildings, cottages. Now even more efficient.

Reactions: gps
Your rougher than Lodan
My belt sander is my primary tool I use wang..gets me out of a hole at times it does wang..sometimes I don't even flatten my skim I just put a few rooms on then just go bk following day and sand blast it all down..works a treat tbh..u got any work for me Wang?

Can if you piss in it..its literally about 1 m2..it will take half hour to bang on..it ain't getting done in 2 days...il think of sumat tbh I dont want to use s&c
Why price and take on a job if you can't do it properly? You have created your own problems with this one .

Why price and take on a job if you can't do it properly? You have created your own problems with this one .
Ive done it over 2 days so pipe down..im actually here now watching f**k*r going off..as I've said if uve read the thread it isn't damp its a wet wall from a leaking roof 2 totally different things