Drastic Plastic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuintTheMoleman

New on this site but not to the plastering world

Who's the forum expert on the s*p*r*lex Plastic Trowels then?

Read lots about them but there seems to be differing opinions on when/how to use them.

These very small scratches they leave.......Is that not the case when Wet n Dry is used?

BTW What a great site.......Have been away from Plastering for a few years but I'm about to return........So this forum is a great way of catching up:)

Buy one there ******* brilliant mate ignore the kunts that give it oh you don't need one been doing it years this way blah blah you can't go up and down beads with them it'll mark the plastic just use a normal trowel and they do nick but you just need to rub it on a wall and they come out for 25 quidmif you don't try one you're mad

just use them like a normal trowel refinas a bit obsessed with sponging their aiming a bit of their kit that way

Steves got one get him to send you his he doesn't use it ....and if he doesn't he's a tight kunt

id actually be tempted to use it again, only this time trowel up with my steel for the 1st trowel then plastic after that

never going to be easier mate the handles are a bit strange you just end up gripping it there's no sort of finesse, deffinately leaves a better finish you have to try one mate can't really explain anymore

I see the refina advert says it leaves an excellent finish after sponging up, what is this in reference to in skimming?

Yes I can lol ........you don't need to use any water just wipe the trowel every know and then, you know when if you get on a greasy wall and it'll either tear or ripple on you there's no prob with the plastic just get on it
Steve I thought the same the first day I tried them I thought they were shite just got to have a play with them

Definitely leaves a better finish eh! Do you use it on the final trowel? I get a bit obsessed with polishing lol

so you give it the first trowel with your steel, then next with plastic?

how many do you give it with the plastic spunk and do you still sponge?

when i last used mine i trowelled it 2/3 times all with plastic. thinking about it if i give it the first trowel with steel it'll tidy the corners up alot better as i found the plastic can be a bit flimsy in the angles

Yeah mate there fymsy in the corners I use the toe in the corners you can still cut angles out with them and yep still sponging mate

Sounds good BUT i don't know if i'd have time to fart aboot while doing a big ceiling over artex.

I have used mine quite a lot now I find it easier and for me that goes a long way :)

I just wet and dry and the small scratches go... the finish is brilliant but you need to probably do one less trowel that you would do with a steel trowel

Its not for everybody but I would recommend trying them for a few weeks :)

Danny

if youre sponging steve lay it on flatten it then sponge it then trowel it if its board mate i one coat it fill youre scrim and beads out first or have it done with the gear left over with the set youve just done

So once I have given the 2nd coat a tidy with the Steel, I use the plastic from then on

Also is it just a cross or can you go up and down with the plastic?

And I imagine it knocks a few minutes off the hit ?

use them like normal mate you dont need water and theyll polish it up earlier without it tearing

I use mine straight after my second coat, no need to wait as you can go on it when it's soft with the plastic

Steve if you get into sponging get one of these to flatten it

REFINA s*p*r*lex SPATULA 40" | eBay UK

Ignore the ripples the sponge sorts them out

Been looking at them lately dave. 90% of my work now is ceilings so itd make sense to get one of them and a pole

Might give it a whirl!!! Spunkmeyer, ever heard of a a wee thing called a comma,,,,,,,,,? lmao i nearly ran oot of fukin breath reading your posts,,,,,,,,,,,!!!!!

the plastic revolution is here love it, spunk i took your adivce mate and i gave the sponge a go on a wall that slightly got away from me........all im saying is pukka mate, i layed on both coats flatened roughly, then sponge and ss trowel over it then cross trowel plazzy and found that was good enough of a finish, so i gave it one more cross trowel and rubbed round the edges with the plazzy and it was such a nicer finish perfectly even absolutaly noooo blemishes (even the ones you can see but cnt feel) nothing at all just a consistant perfect finish

Get the biggest you can afford mate especially for walls Doubt they'd be any good for troweling up with I used them once after sponging and it came up alright still troweled it up with a plazzy, when you flatten with em it leaves it a bit ripply I wouldn't use them without a sponge, (for you casper ) and look after them there pretty fragile and fookin expensive !

Status
Not open for further replies.