Downlight Holes!

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents, I can confirm, it was like I never went on hiatus. I was on autopilot the whole time. Just like It was Yesterday when I did my last job. Cracking day and fallen back in love with the trade. The ceiling looks grand and the holes were no probs

Billy

anyone want in on the national sweepstakes contact warriorupnorth, big payout for the winner. be quick, it's selling fast! @bennysbitch ?

thats not too far away from me, i wanna try pick up n old cheap pair because i`ve never used them and i`d just like a pair to practice in, plus if i cant get on with them then at least i wouldnt have spent a fortune on them. had a go once for like a minute, didnt go too great plus practicing in a middle of a set of a great big massive lid.
A few hours on them and you wont know how you managed without them Finn!Best thing I ever bought and easy to use. Its all about confidence,once you have that its easy. i go up and down stairs on mine and even skim stairwell ceilings off a plank wearing them.

A few hours on them and you wont know how you managed without them Finn!Best thing I ever bought and easy to use. Its all about confidence,once you have that its easy. i go up and down stairs on mine and even skim stairwell ceilings off a plank wearing them.

:RpS_scared: fair play

i hope so, from just walking around on them, i feel fairly confident, just need a job to use them on. my only concern is, if i`m plastering on my todd, and i need something from the ground or to go mix another little batch, how do i get up n down quickly?

You a feckin stunt man!!!!
Stiltylonglegs:RpS_lol:

i hope so, from just walking around on them, i feel fairly confident, just need a job to use them on. my only concern is, if i`m plastering on my todd, and i need something from the ground or to go mix another little batch, how do i get up n down quickly?
this is why i dont bother with mine.

and im a clumsy fooker

It will become second nature.I first got on them 12 years ago,a spread friend let me take his stilts home for the weekend to practice on.First few times on them you will be hanging onto the walls but soon you will be ok. I would just learn to move about on them first and get confident at just walking.Then try doing a small room like a bathroom on them. At first you will be looking down at your feet all the time cos of fear of tripping but believe me,very quickly you will be good on them.In the end you will be as good on stilts as you are now on your own feet! I even trip now and then on mine (cables,poly pipes too long) but you just learn to recover and stay up as you do when you trip in everyday life!

Easy m8. Just lean ya back against the nearest wall and unstrap. The houses Im doing now I chuck on lounge/kitchen/hall and wc in one go and maybe an easy wall.I couldnt do it off a hop up no way.

i find when im on mine and im on me own i tend to knock up exactly if not a little bit more than i need for each coat obviouslt get down between coats to knock up then just place the tools im goin to need around the room where i can reach them or on the hop up that i have the bucket on

yeah fine walking but as you say keep looking at my feet

I did exactly the same. Remember it well! I was thinking,ok,i can walk on these things but what about lookin up and with a hawk in one hand and trowel in the other? Whithin 2 weeks I was running around like a 5 year old on them! My biggest fear was getting one leg caught behind the other when I took a stride but that has never happened. Dont buy a crap make,get some Durastilts and I promise you the will pay for themselves in no time!

haha u remeber them well, i think the stilts john has lent me r durastilts so gdgd

The cheap crap you can get off ebay will be a waste of time,good they are durastilts! You will probably have to adjust them to what suits you. Ive borrowed longer stilts before for doing high ceilings and couldnt walk on them cos for me the springs were too slack.So when you get them have a mess around with them.Adjust to what suits you. Good luck mate!

You wont need to worry about getting on and off quickly mate, it takes seconds to put them on and off, your not going to lose your gear because you messing about with your stilts.

You don't need to lean on anything either mate, when taking off angle your knee inwards, the brace / support will hold tight against your leg even with straps slackened off. Just persevere with them, you'll pick it up in no time.

The straps on the stilts i have r a bit fiddely or mayb its just me, still considering leaving a pair of slip on shoes in the stilts so all i have to do is the leg straps which aren't as fiddely, i have only worn steel toe boots in them, do you think trainers would b better?

The straps on the stilts i have r a bit fiddely or mayb its just me, still considering leaving a pair of slip on shoes in the stilts so all i have to do is the leg straps which aren't as fiddely, i have only worn steel toe boots in them, do you think trainers would b better?

Leave the foot straps done up mate just loosened, slip your feet in tighten up then do leg straps up.

i think your over complicating this now mate not through any fault of your own just get on then get off them and youll soon get used to them just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.