Dots and dabs

Server

what do you make your dots out of, bits of wood or plasterboard ?

Also

What size do you make the dabs of glue ?

I think he is referring to the plumb dot and screed method which I guess most won't have a clue to go about it!? I've only ever done it a couple of times on site coming to the end of my apprenticeship many moons ago. It's a bit of a faff but it does work

Are you talking about dot and screed floating or dot and dabbing plasterboard to a wall?

I think he is referring to the plumb dot and screed method which I guess most won't have a clue to go about it!? I've only ever done it a couple of times on site coming to the end of my apprenticeship many moons ago. It's a bit of a faff but it does work

Thought the same mate , only done a few times . Good if walls r all over and its a kitchen or bathroom :) more of a big kitchen with a wonky as wall like ........

@Lodan originally dot and dab you would set dabs level then push boards up to set dabs etc
maybe they used to do that but the most basic of google searches you would know they dont now, also seems a silly way to do it even years ago, was that before they invented spirit levels?

We know he's on about screeds but have u actually read how he's worded it?
I dont think hes talking about screed I thing he thinks you need wooden dots behind dotting and dabbing plasterboard

Plumb dot and screeds wow I haven't heard or seen this for years not since college and the blokes I got a job with on sites told me f that off you will never earn a penny doing that

Now you can say what you like, but I would appreciate some helpful advice.

I am putting some plasterboard up on a very uneven wall, and I am not confident I can get it level, simply by dabbing it, and aligning it with a spirit level. As such I just want today it and push the plasterboard onto the wall, knowing when it reaches the dots, it it about straight.

The dots being previously aligned.

I know I won't make any money like this, and I am not trying to.

What do I make the dots out of wood or bits of plasterboard ?

I am putting some plasterboard up on a very uneven wall, and I am not confident I can get it level, simply by dabbing it, and aligning it with a spirit level. As such I just want today it and push the plasterboard onto the wall, knowing when it reaches the dots, it it about straight.

Just dab it and use your level/straight edge

Even If the wall is really uneven u shud still be able to plum the wall freehand with a spirit level..if its 2 thick in places pack the depth out with offcuts of plasterboard and let set so ur effectively double boarding any deep parts..are u charging some poor soul for this? If u cant plum a wall freehand uve got no chance in setting screeds out..

Cut your boards to size and use the off cuts for dots, also save some for packers.

Thanks Flynnyman, that's really helpful.

Roughly what diameter should i make the dabs of glue, and how many do I need on a 1200 x 2400 board ?