Dot, Dab or Do little?

Members online

Dubrovnack

Hi folks,
I'm probably one of those infuriating amateurs who likes to take on challenges in a world of dwindling challenges, and who needs to ask pros for some advice now and again. Hope you will indulge me.
I moved into a house with a two and a half square metre plastered wall (excluding window) which was sadly out of true by over an inch. I plastered it with Bonding until it now looks reasonable. I now want to, I think, dot and dab for a tile board before tiling.
I've allowed the plaster to cure for a month. Can I dot and dab with ?? Should I dot and dab on a plaster that doesn't have a finished coat? Is there a danger that D and Ding will loose moisture through the Bonding?

Tony.

Hi folks,
I'm probably one of those infuriating amateurs who likes to take on challenges in a world of dwindling challenges, and who needs to ask pros for some advice now and again. Hope you will indulge me.
I moved into a house with a two and a half square metre plastered wall (excluding window) which was sadly out of true by over an inch. I plastered it with Bonding until it now looks reasonable. I now want to, I think, dot and dab for a tile board before tiling.
I've allowed the plaster to cure for a month. Can I dot and dab with ?? Should I dot and dab on a plaster that doesn't have a finished coat? Is there a danger that D and Ding will loose moisture through the Bonding?

Tony.
@John j

Hi folks,

Tony.
Have you dubbed out, with the bonding, onto an already plastered wall?

If so, take it back to brick before you dry-line. You don’t want to put the weight of bonding, plus dab and new board, plus tiles onto existing plaster

If you’ve just dubbed out over brick then crack on with your dot n dab. (Most of the time you can just use your dabs to level)

Dot and dab those hard as f**k tile boards on, then secondary fix them with these. Ain’t going anywhere.
Dot, Dab or Do little?

Hi folks,

Tony.
You will need to put an efflang across it first

Have you dubbed out, with the bonding, onto an already plastered wall?

If so, take it back to brick before you dry-line. You don’t want to put the weight of bonding, plus dab and new board, plus tiles onto existing plaster

If you’ve just dubbed out over brick then crack on with your dot n dab. (Most of the time you can just use your dabs to level)
So dubbing out bare bricks with Bonding is the right approach before direct bonding boards?

Hi folks,

Tony.
How about, give the wall a sealing coat of SBR. Then using standard set tile adhesive with a notched trowel stick insulation boards on, leveling as you go. The insulation boards are lightweight, and can be as thin as 10mm if space is an issue. They are a perfect surface on which to tile. If it's an exterior wall, then dot n dabs are not good as you will be leaving air gaps behind and condensation will form.