Dot and dab

Bluebirds1978

Can any help?, got a job to do dabbing a window wall which consists of two windows. Do I dab the head and reveals first, or the actual wall. If head and reveals do i overhang the plasterboard and how much?.

Board ceiling first
You Got It Ok GIF

I felt like that guy walking opposite way round on midnight express till today. Nobody I know does it this way.
We check the wall for plumb and then ping a chalk line on the ceiling. This is the process whether doing one wall or a massive detached property.
Windows are fitted to look right (?) with the outside brick/blockwork, and as we both know full well are often pissed, why let them dictate our work?
Nice to know we're not alone.

We check the wall for plumb and then ping a chalk line on the ceiling. This is the process whether doing one wall or a massive detached property.
Windows are fitted to look right (?) with the outside brick/blockwork, and as we both know full well are often pissed, why let them dictate our work?
Nice to know we're not alone.
If the frame is pissed do you plumb your reveal so the margin on the frame looks terrable, although your work is correct?

If the frame is pissed do you plumb your reveal so the margin on the frame looks terrable, although your work is correct?
Yes I do. I keep the margin the same at the top of every revel in the property (I often use my angle gauge from the days of float and set) and then set them plumb. The board on the face of the wall that sails onto the cill will be plumb and set at the right margin, the revel board sits inside it.
I think that makes sense?

I always margin off the frame , I very rarely do dot and dab a doo but when I float always margin off the frame, I always ask the client too which they prefer but usually guide them to margin it

I always margin off the frame , I very rarely do dot and dab a doo but when I float always margin off the frame, I always ask the client too which they prefer but usually guide them to margin it
Yes, i keep the margin the same. Looks dreadful overwise, but dont have much problem with frames being much out anyway..

And if the walls out of plumb I tell the customer to go with it because a reveal 190mm at the bottom and 210mm at the top also looks dog s**t

I remember an old boss telling me 2 wrongs don’t make a right….
Well he was a thick head and what I was doing was right and made the wrong right aswell
You got to scribe stuff in sometimes to go up against wonkey work to make it right