Dont want to be that guy but..

Members online

I.d get part time job . Carry on at college find some plasterers who.ll let you tag along even if it's for nowt. Then when your good enough start getting little jobs under your belt. Then your name will get around and things will go from .
Nah would i f**k I.d get a steady job that gives a pension at end

Buy a basic set of tools i.e. Trowel, handboard, bucket trowel buckets and summer to mix with. if someone says yes having your own tools will help. You need to start volunteering your services to family and friends (word of mouth and experience) but stick to what you know you can do.
you will get the odd plasterer or builder who will give you a shot but your wage expectations and what you will be worth to them will probably differ wildly, ( you have got to play the long game)
If you have family or mates or even mates of mates in the building game pester them for contacts\opportunities.
Remember who you know will generally get you further than what you know.

You have explained your personal circumstances but, if it is what you really want to do make it work i.e. Take a part time job keep up college and do govie jobs of a weekend. Some of them may have to be foc for family but it all gets you nearer the finish line.

good luck with it but if you don't get on with it divint fret, even if you have to take a job which as you said is a dead end, remember, nothing is permanent keep looking and keep trying.
Cheers for the pick me up mate, am gonna buy my tools at the end of the month and as for part time jobs i cant even get them haha, il try tackle a few jobs my family have for me plastering wise and see how they go!

Cheers for the pick me up mate, am gonna buy my tools at the end of the month and as for part time jobs i cant even get them haha, il try tackle a few jobs my family have for me plastering wise and see how they go!
Get a job delivering takeaways . s**t hours but free.s your days up

Some good advice posted,
It’s just finding your right opportunity.
I’ve had one or two like you on my books over the years, one of the best lads I’ve ever employed, who still works for me, 8 years later,just phoned me up one day, he was 26. He now has his own gang for me and does alright for a living.

Some good advice posted,
It’s just finding your right opportunity.
I’ve had one or two like you on my books over the years, one of the best lads I’ve ever employed, who still works for me, 8 years later,just phoned me up one day, he was 26. He now has his own gang for me and does alright for a living.
Most people ive spoke to today have said its too slow at the minute so i guess il just keep trying have my uncle speaking to the plasterers on his site tomorrow to so fingers crossed

Dont want to be that guy but, im desperate for someone to give me a chance 3 days a week, struggling to even get job interviews and when i do i get no where due to financial problems if i cant find anything im going to have to quit my college course halfway through my first year and go into a s**t dead end job. I know i sound like im begging and i appoligise for that im just grasping as straws to not have to give up.. based in newcastle any help or advice is welcome thanks lads!
Alright mate good post..look I’m going to be honest with you the only way to get any good in this game is f**k college off ring every plastering company in Newcastle including one man bands and put the feelers out there..tell them you know the basics and hopefully you will get the right man to train you up..forget about putting yourself under pressure on jobs and work alongside a spread who will show you the way..plastering is an art form you can either do it or you can’t simple as that..you will know after a couple of years mixing for a spread if the trade is for you..you will have an income (labours wage) to put food on the table and pay the bills and have the bonus of learning the skill without f**k**g up your own jobs

Alright mate good post..look I’m going to be honest with you the only way to get any good in this game is f**k college off ring every plastering company in Newcastle including one man bands and put the feelers out there..tell them you know the basics and hopefully you will get the right man to train you up..forget about putting yourself under pressure on jobs and work alongside a spread who will show you the way..plastering is an art form you can either do it or you can’t simple as that..you will know after a couple of years mixing for a spread if the trade is for you..you will have an income (labours wage) to put food on the table and pay the bills and have the bonus of learning the skill without f**k**g up your own jobs
College is a waste of time. The people running the course don't really give a toss if you're any good or not and just pass you anyway. The qualification means pretty much absolutely nothing as well. A mate of mine spent a few grand on a course, plastered a small wall for me on a job, and luckily I caught it before it was to late as it was all over the place and I had to trowel the f**k out of it to get it reasonable. Plasterings just practice practice practice, and learning how to do things properly off someone skilled in the trade. As has been said by a couple of people on here just ring everyone. You'll have a job labouring for someone by Monday if you want it enough. Quit your college course and begin actually learning.

I was in a similar position,hickey was the only one who giv is a shot,the rest is history.
Just don’t expect rockstar wages,he’ll have you skimming for years and still pay you like a labourer lol
But it’s a start

I was in a similar position,hickey was the only one who giv is a shot,the rest is history.
Just don’t expect rockstar wages,he’ll have you skimming for years and still pay you like a labourer lol
But it’s a start
If you're daft enough to do it for years, then you deserve it ;)

I hear you,I left soon as I had grasped it ,into the deep end
Sounds like you saw your opportunity then took it..that’s good advise to anyway who wants to get their foot in the door..work for an established company let them think they are using you but in reality it’s the other way around.. clever man ..