dont make go to the painters forum

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesssop

im rendering the front of my gaff this week in ocr :RpS_thumbup:
But im clueless about painting :RpS_thumbdn: (cant stand it)
Can anyone recommend a decent brand of paint and even tell me the best way to paint it (prep,sealer ect)

cheers BIG G** al :RpS_biggrin:

never used it before plus it will take me an age to choose a color and then id probably change my mind :RpS_confused:

im rendering the front of my gaff this week in ocr :RpS_thumbup:
But im clueless about painting :RpS_thumbdn: (cant stand it)
Can anyone recommend a decent brand of paint and even tell me the best way to paint it (prep,sealer ect)

cheers BIG G** al :RpS_biggrin:
It dries a very attractive shade of grey, tell the missus that greys the new magnolia and just leave it.

It dries a very attractive shade of grey, tell the missus that greys the new magnolia and just leave it.
lol iv done my wall in it and i like it as it is. It just looks stupid when its drying out after the rain.

very tempted to leave it unpainted

Macphearson PowerPoint, priority based better than all the rest, breathable and if you use the sealer first they guarantee it for 20years, about£17 a gallon for white and magnolia colours another £10. Recommended by a structural surveyor we employed in 2002 to advise on a grade 2 listed building, been using it and recommending even since.

Macphearson PowerPoint, priority based better than all the rest, breathable and if you use the sealer first they guarantee it for 20years, about£17 a gallon for white and magnolia colours another £10. Recommended by a structural surveyor we employed in 2002 to advise on a grade 2 listed building, been using it and recommending even since.
Would the sealer make it 'not breathable'

Dulux weathershield is far superior paint to macphersons or sandtex, that's the trade material not the retail stuff. That applies to retail sandtex and retail material across the board. Never use them imo.Weathershield paints ie the whole system are more breathable( Microporous), non of which are truly breathable. Sandtex is particularly bad at letting water out, pliolite far worse. I'd definitely consider coloured render before painting, as there will only be discoloration rather than blistering / flaking which is a given.if the render is over the top of masonry, and the orc is not breathable, then sealing the whole thing with paint shouldn't be an issue
Cheers

i wanna go a grey top half and white bottom half
got a bell bead going the length of the house as the front window and door only leaves about a meter of brickwork between out of 7,5ish
and the front door is black
Painting using standard water based masonry paint should be ok johnstones stormshield should be good enough &priced ok. Most of Johnstones paint range are pretty good quality & value. Bellcast will save you "the line will straighten when it's fully dry" line of guff :RpS_sneaky:

i wanna go a grey top half and white bottom half
got a bell bead going the length of the house as the front window and door only leaves about a meter of brickwork between out of 7,5ish
and the front door is black

My my house is dry dashed with a red front door if that helps

i wanna do a G** top half and white bottom while I am at it
got a bell end going the length of the house as the front Pouch with zipper only leaves about a meter of space for my big boy, out of 7,5ish
and the front door is black "At times"

Can you guess who has already been at the beers tonight :RpS_blushing:

i did go all boring sorry for that :RpS_blushing:

we need one of them bats off the fosters advert for next time i go all warty :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.