Don't buy a makita collated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornelius

i bought a makita collated screw gun last year and it's turned out to be a complete waste of money, I've had it sent back to the makita workshop 3 times now for "repair" each time it constantly jams up with screws or misfires. Just a word of warning not to buy a makita collated, I just bought a hilti as a replacement and it's excellent.

Yeah it was a bit pricey, but it was getting beyond a joke spending so much time picking screws out of the makita.

I had the old makita screwfeeder before the lxt shite. The batteries on the lxt li ion are b*ll***s i have the sd5000 hilti with collated attachment plus the impact driver that share the same batteries (y) and a silly massively long milwaukee for vaulted ceilings :bananahappy:

Yeah mine was a 110v and my mate had a 18v cordless (he savagely attacked it with a pad saw then threw it in the skip) what screws do you use olican? We tried loads of brands but it didn't make a difference still jammed.

Yeah mine was a 110v and my mate had a 18v cordless (he savagely attacked it with a pad saw then threw it in the skip) what screws do you use olican? We tried loads of brands but it didn't make a difference still jammed.

Whatever is on offer bud, my older makita will fire anything and doesn't complain. I think it's like vans or cars ; someone will tell you that (for example) don't get a vivaro the injectors/fan belt etc will fail then you will meet someone with a k reg van with 180,000 miles on clock and never fails. I think my collated is like that. I over boarded about 90 m of ceilings with it using cheap nasty dirty 55mm screws and think had about half a dozen not fire home

There is a spring part in the newer ones that causes s**t, pull it out and toss it.
My mates is 95% decent now.

Whatever is on offer bud, my older makita will fire anything and doesn't complain. I think it's like vans or cars ; someone will tell you that (for example) don't get a vivaro the injectors/fan belt etc will fail then you will meet someone with a k reg van with 180,000 miles on clock and never fails. I think my collated is like that. I over boarded about 90 m of ceilings with it using cheap nasty dirty 55mm screws and think had about half a dozen not fire home

Bearing in mind you got a decent gun and also got a crap one, would you risk getting another makita? I'm a hilti man now, must admit I got slightly aroused when the screw penetrated the board for the first time..... What a delight.

Bearing in mind you got a decent gun and also got a crap one, would you risk getting another makita? I'm a hilti man now, must admit I got slightly aroused when the screw penetrated the board for the first time..... What a delight.
Fnarrhhh fnarrhh, you said penetrated!
a78c0786cc0c935c4cbd281c5f9c0b6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question my old fruit. I've always wanted a cordless collated and full time boarders that I see always seem to use hilti (although I do remember one gang moaning about there's always jammin like Bob Marley) you have to bear in mind that if I spend 6 months not needing my gun that when I do I pull out my old makita from its case buried in back of the van and grab a few strips of screws covered in dust and it fires them through plaster & lath and hits the joist then why would I change. That said I could have bought a "Friday afternoon " produced model and would be slating them as much as you

We have 2 18v baterry 1s 1 has been bk to workshop about 3 times the other hasn't been back once! It is luck of the draw we've also go a 18v senco which is the dogs b*ll***s..senco all the way lads

I think the old versions are tip top. I have a 18v cordless drill that is 10 or more years old and it is fantastic but the new ones all my friends have bought are terrible now

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I agree Kitchy, we've two 18 v Senco screw guns, I've tried the Hilti there a lot lighter than Senco, draw back though is there a lot dearer

Agree on the sencos I've had loads of them and the new models are the b*ll***s, only problem with the newer model is the cog at the back of the nose piece breaks eventually,on all three of my 18v and can't buy them for love nor money, we do hammer then but not the point at £450 ish

Agree on the sencos I've had loads of them and the new models are the b*ll***s, only problem with the newer model is the cog at the back of the nose piece breaks eventually,on all three of my 18v and can't buy them for love nor money, we do hammer then but not the point at £450 ish
Ours is new model the red and black 1? Literally never jammed once! Havnt had that problem yet leeroy fingers crosed

Buy a hilti or festool with the collated attachment next time, you can then just replace the attachment if need be.

Buy a hilti or festool with the collated attachment next time, you can then just replace the attachment if need be.
I don't like them festools are there the 1s where u dnt press trigger etc u just put gun onto wall/ceiling? I like to feel the power of the motor

Used to have a corded makita, must have been 10-15yrs old never missed a beat, only got a cordless this year to save the hassle of the lead an all.

Used to have a corded makita, must have been 10-15yrs old never missed a beat, only got a cordless this year to save the hassle of the lead an all.
Ball ache is that 110 lead I used to have lead senco all time the amount of times I lost it in a fit of rage with that lead getting tangled around anything I got rid to save my health

I don't like them festools are there the 1s where u dnt press trigger etc u just put gun onto wall/ceiling? I like to feel the power of the motor
If u enjoy listening to that noise crack on mate.
I know I don't.
People who use impact drivers for tacking really gets on my tits.

We have 2 18v baterry 1s 1 has been bk to workshop about 3 times the other hasn't been back once! It is luck of the draw we've also go a 18v senco which is the dogs b*ll***s..senco all the way lads

I have 8 makita batterys and never had a problem with any .... A couple second hand off gumtree aswell !

Status
Not open for further replies.