Don't bank on it

Members online

The policy

The new Tory policy is to give the financial services industry the opportunity to administer the asset stripping of elderly people who are unfortunate enough to end up with dementia, physical infirmities or other conditions that require social care.

If the elderly person is deemed to have assets worth over £100,000 (the average house price in the UK is £215,000) then they will be treated as if they are rich and made to pay their own social care costs, even though they payed a lifetime of National Insurance contributions to cover the cost of health and social care in their old age.

The Tories have ever-so-kindly said that the elderly people won't have to sell their homes immediately in order to cover the costs, but that they can get "equity release" products so that the wealth can be extracted from the value of their homes after they die.
By family you mean spouse yes ? If no spouse the property is sold and the family gets 100,000

The government cover it until such time the property can be sold, but will not be sold whilst a spouse is still living it.
So they live rent free? What about the equity release on the property? You think they are gonna wait? Lol

With the current policy YOU MUST SELL ANY PROPERTY YOU HAVE immediately to pay for your care.
You also will only be left with 23k.

How can upping the cap to 100k and not making them sell there house straight away be any worse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is where the mix up is and it's important, there is two types of care, one is at your home and the other is a nursing home, you are correct you would have to sell your house to go into a nursing home but if you got care at home you wouldn't. But care at home has been cut to the bones. The way it is now Your house is not calculated into your assets so is perfectly safe, so it's down to your last £23kish, what the tories are saying is your house will be part of your assets and an average price is around £240,000 so they start stripping you straight away for Caring for you at home, then once your down to £100,000 on assets (or in other words skint) they will wait for you to die before they take the rest. Please tell me you don't think this is a good idea and they are better off? They would of took £140,000 on the first three years when you work out what they charge, it really is 100% inheritance tax as well as a death tax.

This is where the mix up is and it's important, there is two types of care, one is at your home and the other is a nursing home, you are correct you would have to sell your house to go into a nursing home but if you got care at home you wouldn't. But care at home has been cut to the bones. The way it is now Your house is not calculated into your assets so is perfectly safe, so it's down to your last £23kish, what the tories are saying is your house will be part of your assets and an average price is around £240,000 so they start stripping you straight away for Caring for you at home, then once your down to £100,000 on assets (or in other words skint) they will wait for you to die before they take the rest. Please tell me you don't think this is a good idea and they are better off? They would of took £140,000 on the first three years when you work out what they charge, it really is 100% inheritance tax as well as a death tax.

Finally some sense, but this will be a I turn I'm sure or watered down heavily.

You heard it here first

Screenshot_20170522-090431.png

You will still be able to give your family 100k so they are not taking that.

Type in dementia tax and that was top......

I believe it's Tories actual web page so it's what the plan is and not what someone's opinion of it is.

I believe it's Tories actual web page so it's what the plan is and not what someone's opinion of it is.

It's Not protected it will be taken once you die to pay off any medical care also they are talking about a care home and not home care read what I wrote above it's important in what we are talking about. Funny you say it's the Tory website and it comes top and that's because they have paid for google ads for the search of "dementia tax" so they come top, the funny thing is they have another name for it lol maybe scroll down to read the truth,but don't be surprised if then strong and stable backtracks :)

It's Not protected it will be taken once you die to pay off any medical care also they are talking about a care home and not home care read what I wrote above it's important in what we are talking about. Funny you say it's the Tory website and it comes top and that's because they have paid for google ads for the search of "dementia tax" so they come top, the funny thing is they have another name for it lol maybe scroll down to read the truth,but don't be surprised if then strong and stable backtracks :)

It's ALL just propaganda. I don't think it's as bad as you are making out..... not great but well that's life.

Like I said my mum worked all her life got disabled. Ended up having to sell home and couldn't get any help till she was down to pretty much skint..... that was under Labour, but it's life, and life ain't always fair.

It's ALL just propaganda. I don't think it's as bad as you are making out..... not great but well that's life.

Like I said my mum worked all her life got disabled. Ended up having to sell home and couldn't get any help till she was down to pretty much skint..... that was under Labour, but it's life, and life ain't always fair.
It's not propaganda it's real and this is about care at home.

Here you go and proves how sneaky they are, do you really want a government that has so much to hide from the public?

http://anotherangryvoice.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/the-sneaky-tories-are-trying-to-stop.html?m=1

Leftie rubbish again
Page one of google, stop blaming leftie rubbish as a way of ending the debate, it's getting boring and I sometimes wish there was another Tory or a real Tory who could debate (if one exists). Facts keep being out to you And you dismiss them, you will say I do it, which is another way you try to get out of answering to a fact put in front of you.

IMG_0561.PNG
IMG_0562.PNG
IMG_0563.PNG