Does this look acceptable at all?

Members online

Danny30

Hi, previous to some earlier posts,i had my house fully skimmed last month and have noticed after painting the door sides look very unprofessional. I have attached some images below. Is that at all normal after re skimming a house?

Attachments

• IMG_20200527_185409688.jpg
    IMG_20200527_185409688.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 598
  • IMG_20200527_185430440.jpg
    IMG_20200527_185430440.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 587
Sorry, but that's not a good standard of plastering.

You can improve it using Gyproc EasiFill 60 (sanded when dry), and then repaint, or you can bite the bullet and pay a competent spread to reskim it to the standard it should've been.

Hi, previous to some earlier posts,i had my house fully skimmed last month and have noticed after painting the door sides look very unprofessional. I have attached some images below. Is that at all normal after re skimming a house?
2 minute to skim over that feather in

When u get him back l, get him to clean that big snot off your door hinge, lovely round corner by the way

Get it rubbed down and a bit of filler in it. How’s the rest of the house? Bit out of order slagging someone for round one door when test of work could be spot on.
Exactly, how often do you come up against a rounded reveal. Just rub it down with some sandpaper and move on if rest is good standard

The rest is generally okay. I just thought that looked terrible. Thanks for the feedback guys. The whole building works has been a nightmare.

Hi All. I am still concerned about the ceiling. I am just sitting here noticing plaster board lines on various places. Hard to get a decent picture but I have attached latest one. What should I do to get rid of plasterboard joint lines?

Attachments

• IMG-20200618-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20200618-WA0006.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_20200618_225245666.jpg
    IMG_20200618_225245666.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 282
  • IMG_20200618_225237246.jpg
    IMG_20200618_225237246.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 264
Get it rubbed down and a bit of filler in it. How’s the rest of the house? Bit out of order slagging someone for round one door when test of work could be spot on.
Agree I did some last year . Bigger then those. At top of stairs and couldnt move . Looked spot on till door at end of landing opened and showed a few bumps

To better honest I am asking for advice as the builder I used got someone he uses to do the plastering and whatever I ask him regarding anything he has done even if it not good he will lie and tell me it's good which has already happened so I just wanted independent advice.

To better honest I am asking for advice as the builder I used got someone he uses to do the plastering and whatever I ask him regarding anything he has done even if it not good he will lie and tell me it's good which has already happened so I just wanted independent advice.
So what's it like with down lights on

Hi All. I am still concerned about the ceiling. I am just sitting here noticing plaster board lines on various places. Hard to get a decent picture but I have attached latest one. What should I do to get rid of plasterboard joint lines?
You got light ther that shadowing the ceiling

I notice it mostly at night with the downlights off and the side lamps with a strong light on. When the downlights are on it is harder to see.

No s**t stop coming on here trying to get money off you bill. The builder isn't wrong the plastering is good enough your house ain't the sistine chapel. You want better in future source a reputable plasterer yourself

Reactions: Mos
Put a pic up with the down lights on and in daylight. . Walls in my lounge look like I plastered it with my head and painted it with cock when sun comes down back of curtains...............

But i am shite

It's a reyt weird one that with curtains int it?

How come it actually looks better when you open the curtains fully open?????