does anyone know anything about mixers

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hail hail

Private Member
Don't know if this is the right part of the forum for this thread but I thought I'd drop it in here seeing as its the busiest.

I was floating 2 inside walls today and while mixing the motar for it, my cement mixer has been giving me signs its ready for the scrap yard :( I've had this mixer for 13 years, bought it when building my own house and would prefer to fix it rather than dump the thing.

Last 6 months I've been mixing with her, I've had to give the drum a push when first starting it but today, when its just bear half filled, I have to give it a helping hand turning it. Was some craic me and my labourer standing like 2 f**k**g eejits pushing this drum to get these mixes down lol.

Anyhow, just wondering does anyone know what the problem would is. There's a new belt in her so can't see it that. Maybe the motar is fcuked or something inside it that could be fixed.

If know one knows on here what the problem could be, do yas know of any forums where I'd find out.

does anyone know anything about mixers

Cogs that pull the belt? I presume it's a little belle mixer, things aren't made to be fixed nowadays, agree with the post above [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know if this is the right part of the forum for this thread but I thought I'd drop it in here seeing as its the busiest.

I was floating 2 inside walls today and while mixing the motar for it, my cement mixer has been giving me signs its ready for the scrap yard :( I've had this mixer for 13 years, bought it when building my own house and would prefer to fix it rather than dump the thing.

Last 6 months I've been mixing with her, I've had to give the drum a push when first starting it but today, when its just bear half filled, I have to give it a helping hand turning it. Was some craic me and my labourer standing like 2 f**k**g eejits pushing this drum to get these mixes down lol.

Anyhow, just wondering does anyone know what the problem would is. There's a new belt in her so can't see it that. Maybe the motar is fcuked or something inside it that could be fixed.

If know one knows on here what the problem could be, do yas know of any forums where I'd find out.
If its a belle mixer you can get fairly cheap replacement chinese engine for it off ebay i think its less then 100 quid comes with pulleys and all. I got one of these, they ok, but have to clean the airfilter every day, cos the carburetor floods it throughout the day, and then wouldn't start. Other than that its a quick cheap fix.

Cogs that pull the belt? I presume it's a little belle mixer, things aren't made to be fixed nowadays, agree with the post above [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It ain't a belle one, forget the name :( will check in morning what make she is.

Buy another ya tight t....t

That's what my labourer said but it'll break my heart buying another one. Have spend a fortune on all sorts of tools this last year and xmass in few weeks and 4 sprogs don't come cheap but I agree with ya, I'm as tight as a nuns c**t lol

You can get the rubber belts if you look into it , thats normally whats worm . You should be able to see a part thats just out side the motor which is be a cover for he belt ... Take that off and see whats happened , @Arti had a slippy belt haha ive had one snap but just got a new belt

If its a belle mixer you can get fairly cheap replacement chinese engine for it off ebay i think its less then 100 quid comes with pulleys and all. I got one of these, they ok, but have to clean the airfilter every day, cos the carburetor floods it throughout the day, and then wouldn't start. Other than that its a quick cheap fix.

Just rememberd what make. Its a baro mix electric mixer.

You can get the rubber belts if you look into it , thats normally whats worm . You should be able to see a part thats just out side the motor which is be a cover for he belt ... Take that off and see whats happened , @Arti had a slippy belt haha ive had one snap but just got a new belt

Put new belt on her a few weeks ago when she was playing up thou it was out of a car spare parts store. It was exact same size

It's your motor it's f**k*d. It will be just as cheap to buy a new mixer. If you buy a motor then pay to get it fitted u would be wasting your time. U will all ways have the memories of the old 1. Lol

Is it definitely the right size? Not being funny, but I've had this before, with an old mixer. Bought a cheap one, and it was still crap. Pushing mixer round etc. Out of desperation got another one, and it fixed it.
Just giving you options mate, not suggesting your at fault.
Good luck!!

If it works fine once it's going but won't actually start turning on it's own it might simply be a capacitor blown.
Have a toy round underneath any covers by the motor for a cylinder type thing and look if it's gone fat. If the sides bulge it then it's a 5 min replace job.
Not sure if mixers actually use them but worth a look.

Get the belt cover off and run the motor. If the motor pulley is turning but not the drum pulley it's the belt. Either the wrong length, wrong type, or too slack.

If the motor pulley doesn't turn with the machine on then it's a motor issue. Most likely will be the brushes or the windings. Brushes are a fairly cheap fix. Windings are more expensive, but probably not worth the cost or time without the mixer.

You can pick up some good used mixers on eBay. Keep your eye open for a little used ex DIY machine.

My mixer is a thirty odd years old belle petrol. It was my Dad's, and it's done a load of work. Buy the best you can afford, look after it and it'll last. I'll wear out before my old man's mixer!

We got that baromix one used to Blue bit more rusty colour now lasts ages but a bit slow get a belle mate and be done with it but it's the oil needs topping up and your belt needs tighting

We got that baromix one used to Blue bit more rusty colour now lasts ages but a bit slow get a belle mate and be done with it but it's the oil needs topping up and your belt needs tighting

Oil!! I haven't been near it with oil since I bought her. Sure where would I put the oil if it a lecy one :(

Get the belt cover off and run the motor. If the motor pulley is turning but not the drum pulley it's the belt. Either the wrong length, wrong type, or too slack.

If the motor pulley doesn't turn with the machine on then it's a motor issue. Most likely will be the brushes or the windings. Brushes are a fairly cheap fix. Windings are more expensive, but probably not worth the cost or time without the mixer.

You can pick up some good used mixers on eBay. Keep your eye open for a little used ex DIY machine.

My mixer is a thirty odd years old belle petrol. It was my Dad's, and it's done a load of work. Buy the best you can afford, look after it and it'll last. I'll wear out before my old man's mixer!

Someone mentioned today that it might be a capacitor thou I have a clue what that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.