Do you lads actually like grafting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only 27 and been doin it since 16 I don't mind the job. Doin 6 days a week most of the year. Think my right wrist aches less now then when I was 15 and jackin off all the time and I earn more money now aswell. I'm finding it hard to see the bad side

LOL give it another 10 years, you'll be jacking off again then too.

Well as long as I'm only pullin mine I think it's ok. It's when you pull other people's u have to have a look at yourself.

I'm only 27 and been doin it since 16 I don't mind the job. Doin 6 days a week most of the year. Think my right wrist aches less now then when I was 15 and jackin off all the time and I earn more money now aswell. I'm finding it hard to see the bad side
Young dum and full o cum. lol

believe me jim85 one day you will see the bad side, it might be a few years away buy it is gathering strength up as i am typing this far away in yonder distance, but it will arive one day

believe me jim85 one day you will see the bad side, it might be a few years away buy it is gathering strength up as i am typing this far away in yonder distance, but it will arive one day

Hector have you ever considered working for Samaritans. Your positivity could really help those in need.

Hector have you ever considered working for Samaritans. Your positivity could really help those in need.[/QUO

ha ha very good rossi i like that, but as we all know we were all once as keen and eager as jim85 is, unfourtanetly as the years go by we all become more cynical, realistic about life customers/site agents etc, and eventually as other comments posted here agree with me jim85 will join the club,

You wouldn't be saying that ten years ago it's absolutely nothing to do with getting old and wising up times are hard when times are hard you can't earn 200 quid by 1 o'clock anymore it may come back who knows
hes not inexperienced hector he's been doing it 11 years

My old man always tells me this is a young mans game and to get out while I can.
How old are you spunkster?

Site agents do get on my tits. But we normally get them seeing it our way eventually. And builders go get prices off drywall firms who just price the jobs to get them and ruins our rates. But I don't care I look at all my other mates who work for firms or company's some skilled some not but I think I earn more consistently and in most cases more then most of them. It's all a bit of a game. Keeps it interesting. Plus if you're unhappy at work u will hate ya job me n my mate argue and take the piss all day. He's 45 and still likes doin it so its not everyone

My mate once said to me "you wait to you hit 40 " i thought what a twit ........but oh my god ,i wake up in the morning and think the wife has run me over ..again

I'm 40 at the end of the month and I've already done something to my back yesterday - in fcuking agony at the mo when I try to stand up. Might have been due to having a good shag Saturday morning..

At 27 I went onto 6 days a week when my son was born. At 33 I got tynosynovitus in the wrists and had 7 tears off the tools. I was so skint living on the money left over after paying the lads that I earned more doing the taxi's at weekends.

Slow down a bit Jim85, make it 40hrs a week and give your tendons time to rest.

I'm 40 at the end of the month and I've already done something to my back yesterday - in fcuking agony at the mo when I try to stand up. Might have been due to having a good shag Saturday morning..

Recieving? Tell him to go easy on the spine. :RpS_biggrin:

as long as your on here the swelling will never go down:RpS_wink:
bj2.gif

Its a way to pay the bills. I have been doing it (plastering) since 87 but the body pays a price for the hard work and wetness, I find it hard to walk after driving for an hour and worry for shoulder kicking off again. Arthritis has caused me to have my leg broken by a surgeon and get screwed back together ,off for six months with that, my shoulder has had intensive physio and cortisone injections so I can work almost normally. I am only 46 so wondering what another decade will do to me...

How long have you bee plastering Rhys?

Its a way to pay the bills. I have been doing it (plastering) since 87 but the body pays a price for the hard work and wetness, I find it hard to walk after driving for an hour and worry for shoulder kicking off again. Arthritis has caused me to have my leg broken by a surgeon and get screwed back together ,off for six months with that, my shoulder has had intensive physio and cortisone injections so I can work almost normally. I am only 46 so wondering what another decade will do to me...

yip been there and got the T shirt if only they knew what was around the corner He He

well i have been plastering for 49 years now and i have no problems, but i have seen a lot of my mates fall by the wayside it must be in your makeup, it was always described as the second toughest trade after coal miner

Oh yes a lot of it is in the genes but the repetitive nature of plastering and the drive to finish a job quickly to get a good pay cheque also you are rushing to get to the next job so as not to lose it, no one really waits for a plasterer, get us in and out asap is the norm

well i have been plastering for 49 years now and i have no problems, but i have seen a lot of my mates fall by the wayside it must be in your makeup, it was always described as the second toughest trade after coal miner

Hats off mate your a rare breed 36 years for me and I,ve got one or two problems with the old frame..LOL

How long have you bee plastering Rhys?
Since '99. Was helping my mate out before then by labouring during college holidays.
I pulled my back lifting a large water feature base when I worked at a garden centre in my teens. It goes now and again (eased off over the weekend and is just twinging now).

I think the modern spread has it a bit better if he mixing for himself as opposed to mixing a bath full of browning in a bath with a shovel and mixing finish with a bicycle cog on the end of a metal tube. But in my day you had a labourer. today it is powered mixing.

On the other hand you have a lot of skimming to do as opposed to a morning of slapping browning on and an afternoon of skimming. Skimming takes a lot of graft on the wrist, shoulder and elbow.

Bath, shovel and bike cog on a metal tube are all in the van :RpS_thumbup:

Find it easier to mix browning in a bath, bucket and mixer don't do it as well. The odd small sets still use the bike cog, anything bigger and the mixer comes out. We mix for ourselves as we don't have a lab.

I jacked plastering in back in 89 but did a mates extension in 2003. Got out the bath, put 4 buckets of water in and 50kg of browning. Needed a breather afterwards so went straight out and bought an electric whisk. Creamier plaster but sets quicker which is a good thing at this time of year.

Did a job in 76 and the lab mixed 30 x 50kg bags of browning in a bath with a shovel in 6.5 hrs and wasn,t knackered either. There was 3 of us putting on. It what you get used to and when it is the only way at the time it is acceptable.

Couldn,t see a labrador today standing for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.