Do you lads actually like grafting?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty

Working with a lad today never met him....all he's done is ******* moan because its lashing down with snow, he knows the score so why even bother working in the winter if hes just going to bang on about it? Wear a coat ffs...

I love plastering tbh....not arsed about the weather neither. Wish i had an ipod with earphones instead of a radio....

Yeah I use to work with a guy the same.. never bloody happy... thought the world owed him something :)

Bit of snow don't hurt you, no such thing as the wrong weather - only the wrong clothes. :RpS_thumbup:

Unless it's that fecking cold the pipes have frozen or the stuff's freezing on the walls.

Love my job,Its better than sittin on the dole watchin day time telly!!... that would kill me:RpS_crying:.... get one of those receiver things that fit in bottom of I pod,tune it in to your radio sorted get yer tunes on:RpS_thumbup: there's always dudes that moan bout everything salty..... think their more commonly known as whingin lazy barstewards,if they break sweat they panic and think their skin is leaking:RpS_lol:

aye it was -5 on site last monday, sat in the cabin for 2 hours playing poker with the lads until we were told we could **** off home haha, not as cold as last monday but its just lashing down with snow...get on with it imo.

aye danny worked with a few myself mate strikes me all the time how people can go on like they do, or it might just be their way of dealing with it i guess

Love it tbh for some reason just get a buzz wen u walk on to job and the room, walls, ceiling etc. look **** and then u go in and wen you done theres a lovely skimmed area haha its hard work yeah but thats what a love you go home feeling like you done a proper shift

As JTN said ...

Cant stand moaning on the job, if i ever start to moant then id rather quit the trade altogether... doin a job i enjoy which is half the battle in life

well i hate work and no matter what it is, wish i could win the lottery so i could jack it in!!! £100m would be just right:RpS_thumbsup:

well i hate work and no matter what it is, wish i could win the lottery so i could jack it in!!! £100m would be just right:RpS_thumbsup:
I,m with you on that ,who in their right mind wants to look at a wall for 8 hours aday :huh:

Plastering Is theraputic. As long as your left alone to do your job your own way and not tripping over kitchen fitters (like today). I used to moan but cos i let other people dictate how things were done, now i'm a bit older and wiser(ish) i can say i'm the plasterer if you know better than me do the **** yourself. So in conclusion plastering is good, even when the money is crap theres always potential to do better and every job is a bit different, if someone not happy they could always get a job at tesco or sit at home wankin all day

got the day off today woke up and it was lashing with snow rang the fella im subbing off to see what the crack is the job is on (rendering a large house:RpS_crying:) turn in ment to be on site at half 7 got there at half 9 took me 3 hours to do a 40 min journey even the others didnt get there till after me, when he turns up he said its far to late unless were goin to pull a night shift to rub it up so ill take you all down the cafe and get you the big breakfast:RpS_thumbup:.
thats the sort of day i can live with though plus hes the fella who buys all his spreads breakfast on a friday so ive only got tomorow and ill get another free breakfast:RpS_thumbsup:

Plastering Is theraputic. As long as your left alone to do your job your own way and not tripping over kitchen fitters (like today). I used to moan but cos i let other people dictate how things were done, now i'm a bit older and wiser(ish) i can say i'm the plasterer if you know better than me do the **** yourself. So in conclusion plastering is good, even when the money is crap theres always potential to do better and every job is a bit different, if someone not happy they could always get a job at tesco or sit at home wankin all day

:RpS_lol: like fnck it is all it does is fnck ya limbs up:rolleyes)

Nothing better than getting home , knowing you have got good meterage on the Walls . ££££££££££££

:RpS_lol: like fnck it is all it does is fnck ya limbs up:rolleyes)

Ha ha yes thats true but its what i'm stuck with so was trying to focus on the upside. I'd love to sit at home wankin all day but no one will pay me for that and it'd **** my limbs up anyway

no i went to work because the job was still on (the render was coverd top and sides so could have got away with it) but because it took 3 hours for us all to get there we wouldnt have had it on by 10 half tennish so would have stood no chance of getting it rubbed up by end of the day

no i went to work because the job was still on (the render was coverd top and sides so could have got away with it) but because it took 3 hours for us all to get there we wouldnt have had it on by 10 half tennish so would have stood no chance of getting it rubbed up by end of the day
so that brekkie cost yo a few bob then:RpS_scared:

Nothing better than getting home , knowing you have got good meterage on the Walls . ££££££££££££
you mean knowing youv got some good ££££££££££££ coming in, im glad to get home and couldnt give a toss how much ive put on:RpS_wink::RpS_lol:

well i diddnt use much fuel because my average speed was about 4mph haha and yes it did cost me a days work but i was glad to have the day off ment i was back in time to see my eldest in her first school nativity:RpS_thumbup:

Subbing on a rendering job scaffs not right banged me head several times twatted me elbow knelt on nails no bog on job ran out of materials its labour only keep getting told to move me van ,weathers crap no down spouts on ,power went off this morning, yeah I love my job, moan , moan, thats better , cant wait for tomorrow!

Subbing on a rendering job scaffs not right banged me head several times twatted me elbow knelt on nails no bog on job ran out of materials its labour only keep getting told to move me van ,weathers crap no down spouts on ,power went off this morning, yeah I love my job, moan , moan, thats better , cant wait for tomorrow!

oh yes that sounds like a building site, just make sure that you have your hard hat, vest, goggles, and boots on.

just blackmail them efc, take some photos of the dodgey scaffy etc and tell them for a few extra bob you will keep hush, get your warm clothes on for tommorow mate ;) not too long to go until santy lets us have 3 days off eh?

I love a good days graft when it all looks good at the end. Just got a render on the other day and it starts to rain and just doesn't stop for hours. Started at nine finished at half four without a break, soaking wet but a fecking great smile across my face because the job looked good, well IMO anyway.
Even get a kick out of a good days screeding.

I love a good days graft when it all looks good at the end. Just got a render on the other day and it starts to rain and just doesn't stop for hours. Started at nine finished at half four without a break, soaking wet but a fecking great smile across my face because the job looked good, well IMO anyway.

Your just plain mad :RpS_lol:

Seek medical attention Andy no one your age should like graft, i fcuking hate it would chuck it in tomorrow if i could and leave it for the young uns

Your just plain mad :RpS_lol:

I didn't realise we knew each other:RpS_blushing:

Seek medical attention Andy no one your age should like graft, i fcuking hate it would chuck it in tomorrow if i could and leave it for the young uns

Mate I had three years out and didn't like it much, I've really enjoyed my comeback. Read that last bit carefully Spunky it doesn't say come on back.

I thought you were semi retired already marra?:RpS_sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.