do any of you really enjoy plastering

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used to love it but now after 26 years it is a dead trade now you got skimmers renderers screeders what happened people who cant float and set calling them selfs spreads the craft has gone out of it

grand wizard said:
i used to love it but now after 26 years it is a dead trade now you got skimmers renderers screeders what happened people who cant float and set calling them selfs spreads the craft has gone out of it
You keep goin Grand , feelin better already knowin some one else is as pissssseedd off as me

when i was taught we could do the full range and by blokes who would take no s**t if you wernt up for it f**k off i see lads on site thinking what they have done is mustard i would not let them plaster a shithouse

i always look forward to doing a bit of skimming as i don't really do that much of it these days then as soon as i'm doing it i'm wishing i was doing something else ....... i need a career change what shall i do boys ...brain surgery looks pretty easy , i could practise on some of you lot first couldn't i....whatta ya say wazza can i get the tin opener out on yer

the spread who taught me he done the knowledge about 10 years ago he aint never picked up a trowel since he lives in tottenham somewhere

i quite enjoy it when ive got the whole lot... joinery plumbing etc on a decent spec job where i can take my time and the moneys there...
but house bashing for shite money... too old to enjoy working like a donkey for carrots....

3 of my uncles and 2 cousins are cabby's in London .... big houses no mortgages wife's never worked tells you everything i think

we rendered a house down in eastborne last year for a london cabbie this house he had built was superb it was nice and big loads of space overlooking the sea, honestly the guy had to walk about 15 yards and he was on the beach i would have loved this house

im taking over my in laws 2 pet shops in northumberland next year cant wait .last year after everything including 1 van 1 car and all ekkys they cleared 45000 .start at 9 come home with energy to play with the kids ,wife can work when she wants and i can do it well in to old age and so can my misses if some thing happens she can look after family f**k plastering its a mugs game

ive just had the prick of it i got plenty on but youre always fighting to get youre money with some c**t in a suit who thinks its easy money like we dont pay for beads or reavels or dubbing out and they are all ways some little flash c**t

i absolutely love it..... you can take a room thats on its knee's and transform it into something amazing.... i really really enjoy it..... i only wish i was faster ;D

it's true i loved it when i started but i'm the same, i suffer with my back in the winter my knees have had it and i got a displaced bone in my elbow

i will give you an example we did some houses in isleworth west london 3 beds 250m2 skimming to walls and partitions 100m2 of hardwall and set to outside walls and staircase on a price for c+g plastering how much do you think each unit was worth and we are a 2+1 gang spraying the hardwall

i phoned them today (c&g) , done a job for them about 7 or 8 years ago jim cunningham's a lovely fella but his son james is a complete t**t....he promised us £90 a window for rendering a band around them including reveals each window was 1800 x 1000 8 beads per window we thought we was gonna earn well out of it when jim come back for ireland he said he cant pay anywhere near that and james shouldn't have agreed it he did give us £55 a window and we didn't do bad out of it in the end

£1050 and we struggled to do that in 2 days james is a t**t mate i have known him and his old man for donkeys

grand wizard said:
aint that the truth, but sometimes enjoy the job :)

i was close, we had a few crossed words with him i can tell you think i compared him to james hunt......they got a site woing the internals and external about 5 mins from my house

jim doesnt have much to do with it anymore my mate bernie used to work for them i seen him float and set 90m2 in a day by hand mad irish c**t

Status
Not open for further replies.