DIY SOS

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been on it twice, bloody hard work & long days. Food is top notch, they really look after you and the feel good factor of helping out is good. Where you putting yourself forward?

I hate all that sob story s**t pulling on people's heart strings!! Well it dont funkin work with me put the fookers in a home if there that bad and turn there room into a bar with pool table ect!!!:bananas::bananas::lol:

Got a call off someone last week to go know one in loughbourough but couldn't be bothered, they have one coming up in April close to me but still probably won't bother

@Danny how much you willing to pay @imago to wear a tpf t-shirt?
Nice bit of advertising for the forum eh?
You'll have to go through me as I'm his agent now, so we can talk £££'s ;)

I know it can be for a good cause but I wouldn't be rushing in to work for free, Do they give you diesel money at least? or are you working for a loss?

I have bills to pay and it would annoy me to think the presenters were on probably 6 figure salaries or close for mincing around infront of a camera all day while I'm bursting my balls for their "deadline".

No thanks.

I know it can be for a good cause but I wouldn't be rushing in to work for free, Do they give you diesel money at least? or are you working for a loss?

I have bills to pay and it would annoy me to think the presenters were on probably 6 figure salaries or close for mincing around infront of a camera all day while I'm bursting my balls for their "deadline".

No thanks.

TBH if the loss of a few days and a tank of diesel mean you're making a loss you need to have a look at your rates.

I just look at it as doing someone a good turn in an 'it's nice to be nice' sort of way. Getting jealous about what other people earn is pointless moaning IMHO. If it bothers you so much then do something about it and start thinking of ways to make more money or get on TV. I'm quite happy doing what I'm doing at the moment, but if that changes I'll do something else. In the mean time going on something like DIY SOS gives me a chance at some free advertising, provides another interesting conversation piece with customers, and gets me and the company mentioned around by people that know me to strangers who don't. All good as far as I can see.

No thanks.

Charity begins at home mate ;)
TBH if the loss of a few days and a tank of diesel mean you're making a loss you need to have a look at your rates.

I just look at it as doing someone a good turn in an 'it's nice to be nice' sort of way. Getting jealous about what other people earn is pointless moaning IMHO. If it bothers you so much then do something about it and start thinking of ways to make more money or get on TV. I'm quite happy doing what I'm doing at the moment, but if that changes I'll do something else. In the mean time going on something like DIY SOS gives me a chance at some free advertising, provides another interesting conversation piece with customers, and gets me and the company mentioned around by people that know me to strangers who don't. All good as far as I can see.

You'll be getting old biddies phoning you up giving you a sob story: Oh Larry I need a new bathroom for free as am pensioner with no pot to p1ss in :D

You'll be getting old biddies phoning you up giving you a sob story: Oh Larry I need a new bathroom for free as am pensioner with no pot to p1ss in :D

And that would be different how? ;)

More worrying will be people calling for work "am skimmer as have done course" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.