Dillema

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordon

Did a quote the other week for 9 ceilings of which 2 of these include a kitchen dining room inc Walls and a whole bedroom the other are HStairs landing,lounge bedroom 1,2 & 3 along with bathroom ceiling.Gave a price which I thought was fair.Customer has been in touch saying had 2 other quotes,£800.00 inc mats and another where the guy would cut 20% off any quote.Not got slot in for December at
mo do I go for it,?.

Oh forgot loads of channelling to be filled also.

9 ceilings, that in itself is well over a grands worth of work, let alone the walls and f**k**g about also..

I know how you feel though, when theres no work you ask yourself "should I work for nothing" but at the end of the day you wont enjoy the work, and matey boy is never going to use you again at those prices, as he'll always go for the cheaper option (as with most customers who are out just to use the cheapest)

I guess work out the MINIMUM you would work for and go from there.

Its idiots like those who are under cutting you that are making life difficult not only for you and me, but also for themselves!

if you aint got anything on id do it and take the money anything is better than nothing sat infront of the tv unless you can afford to have the time then tell the cheeker f**k*r to go DBF themselves with a baseball bat

fordon said:
Did a quote the other week for 9 ceilings of which 2 of these include a kitchen dining room inc Walls and a whole bedroom the other are HStairs landing,lounge bedroom 1,2 & 3 along with bathroom ceiling.Gave a price which I thought was fair.Customer has been in touch saying had 2 other quotes,£800.00 inc mats and another where the guy would cut 20% off any quote.Not got slot in for December at
mo do I go for it,?.

Oh forgot loads of channelling to be filled also.

what did you quote first?

Hi
Don't do it, you could come down to £1200.00 and thats very tight but £ 800.00 no way and with 20% off thats £680.00

With any luck they will **** it up and the client will spent weeks rubbing it down. I would rather work in a supermarket and chat up all the checkout girls.

Capital spread

another thread were the customer is giving the price tut tut tut tell them £1200 and they can get the gear cheeky c**ts

sounds like there tryin it on mate,wouldnt budge a penny thats youre price and thats it,sounds a really good price at £1500 with mats

Take the job and do a crap job and say you get what you pay for, for this ammount you only get the plaster laid on not trowel up ;D

Tell the punter you have seen loads of alleged plasterers who have completed DVD courses who are really cheap and the reason they are really cheap is cos they are really shight!

If this a functioning house then it will be an @rse to get more than 1 room per day done because of moving all the stuff around.

Say you will knock £100 as a goodwill gesture but your cant drop it to what is clearly amature rates

Scare them a bit that they gonna get a shight job

Look at it like this......
If you need the dosh.
Work slightly longer hours if you have to but basicallyu equates to 4 x ceilings for 2 days .1 ceiling +dining walls 1 day.+ 1 bedroom + walls on pay day.

£100 ish materials + £175 a day x 4 days = £800

Now it doesnt look so bad does it?????? just get on with it.

If you have quoted him £1500 and he's had a quote at £800 why would he phone you back ??? he is obviously trying it on , i know for a fact if i had had a quote at half the price of another i wouldn't be calling you back ???

warriorupnorth said:
If you have quoted him £1500 and he's had a quote at £800 why would he phone you back ??? he is obviously trying it on , i know for a fact if i had had a quote at half the price of another i wouldn't be calling you back ???

Spot on Warrior

Rang them back and told them thats my price and wont budge on it,said they will think about it,which leaves me to believe they are trying to pull a fast one.

Tell them to go for the 20% off quote... then charge them £2k to fix the sh**e they will probably leave.... but to be honest i wouldnt work for a TOS*A like that anyway... rather be in bed skint....

Had a call back from the customer today accepting my price and asking if I can start next Tuesday!,Happy days.

well hows the job going mate... make sure if you have started it that they dont try and whine on when your finished... hope you got a signed order from them

so wtf was that about,always stick to ya guns on a price,i always say thats the price mate not in it to rip anybody off, just do a decent job not a quick fix like it or lump it

Status
Not open for further replies.