Diesels v electric

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

spunky

Private Member
Evening all .......Hand on heart which one produces the most consistent mix? Forget everything else

Cant see there'd be much in it Dave,probably down to machine maintenance,ie filters,rotors/staters and so on. A mate of mine was using an M tec Duo Miix along side a diesel gang and he reckons that he left them standing but that is obviously down to the team of lads

We are thinking of either a duo mix or a diesel but just looking it looks like you need a 18kva generator so that could be out which leads to diesels but all I want is something that gives the most consistent mix because that's where were suffering

We are thinking of either a duo mix or a diesel but just looking it looks like you need a 18kva generator so that could be out which leads to diesels but all I want is something that gives the most consistent mix because that's where were suffering
we have always had a consistent mix with our g4 :RpS_confused: ,does your keep going wet/then dry on you ?

wet when we're dropping lifts mainly and other times it can be either wet and dry sometimes it's fine..... It's doing our head in though big time at the mo

Thanks Keith but all I want to know is if you get a better mix consistency through a diesel

to be honest mate ,we had the same problem with our g4 years ago ,i don,t know your machine ,but stu will ,sure it can be sorted

Thanks Keith but to anyone else have they found diesels to produce a more consistent mix than electric

you batch mix with a diesel, so as long as you have a competent man mixing then you will consistent mixes. If your electric machine is set up correct with everything working as it should then that will give you consistent mixes.
nobody would buy a machine if it couldn't sent out a consistent mix, did you have training or a demo and did it work then

dont take it the wrong way Keith it's nice to have a couple of opinions, we've had training jenks today it sounded like the top motor was making a right noise enough to make you jump out the way incase it blew up so fingers crossed we've found our problem

Not really it likes spraying wet all of a sudden and always has, It's mainly dropping lifts or if you stop for 5 mins but will happen mid spray too

with a ritmo it could be a number of things. if you stick to ur training 100% the fault will come to light during a session.
you do get a little bit of wet stuff come through everytime you turn the machine on to pump. It takes 5 seconds for the ritmo to pump consistent stuff.

With spunks machine i would get it checked out and speak to other m300 users

When iv seen m 300 running the mix was better than my g4.... diesels are alright but 3 times the price and u need someone a bit more competent on the mix. As blones said it's as good as the guy mixing. You don't really need to worry with electric as it's just dropping the bags in. And the duo mix is a tank

Depends what you want your machine for, that determines what machine to go for. I've had both diesel and electric they both have pluses and minuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.