Diesel pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 small problems Ryan. My privileges on here such as an inbox were kindly taken off me. And I don't have ur phone number..... u have my email tho

@nickelarse - Got your email but my phone isn't sending emails. That's all we have in ATM apart from 2 brand new Pragma 12s 9LD

Let me know your budget and I will see what I can find for you. One of our customers is looking to sell his Lancy for a new Pragma so I can let you know. Will be cheaper than our one

Last edited by a moderator:
Spunky. They're complete different ends of the spectrum. Iv got a g4 atm but fancy changing to a diesel. I'm only really doing render now. Ritmo is more versatile but does everything quite well.

You need 3 lads and a lot of work to make a diesel pump work for you, a secure unit to store it in, a trailer licence if your car test was less than 20 years ago, but if your there fair play.

Is it mainly render your at with your g4 @Nicklearse? I'm keen to see this in action, are you local anytime soon?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have u used electric owls

Yes mtec, G4. I've used most As I used to borrow them from Parex when I was involved with them.I bought the diesels because I used to do a lot of floor screening, they make that aspect a doddle be it sand cement screeds or flo. And I used to do a lot of big site works and they'll smash out 100s of metres but there big and cumbersome. I've just got an sp11 now I sold my uniform v2 last year, through lack of use. I'm planning on buyin a small machine such as a ritmo soon, so I've got all bases covered.

Can a diesel really do more than a 3 phase machine

Yes the diesel pumps up to 60 odd litres with a rendering pump but any renderer in their right mind will never need that much material coming out of a gun. I would say 20-25 ltrs would be average for anyone spraying monocouches and at a push 30 ltrs if you had a big open area.

Then could the man keep up with ruling behind if it was coming out faster than 30 ltrs.

as for pumping distance a 3 phase could pump over 50 mts with a d6-3 and no special generator. Has anyone ever needed 100 mts of pipe on a job and would it not have been possible to get an electric machine closer

Then there is towing it, storing it and positioning it on site. i can see that just clipping it on and driving off is no problem but unless you have got good ground it takes a few men to move it.

You cant use it for internal plasters as you cant use setting materials like hardwall in a open hopper. that limits you to exterior work

Now i know plenty of people who favour a diesel over electric because they can just get straight on with it with a water barrel and everything is there in one machine but as owls said you need a team. If one member of the team is unavailable then are you screwed. Is it a confidence thing that some people just don't trust a electric machine because of previous experience

With an electric pump you can borrow some labour to fill a machine or even get a extension hopper and i know people who include myself a few times that works on their own.
In Germany diesels are considered old technology but then they have 3 phase power available everywhere.

I can see it for screeds but i think if we had 3 phase i would be tempted to go for an electric pump as they don't work very hard, most i seen mine on is 6 bar

Just interested i am as to what you guys think a diesel will do that a electric wont. I had 3 diesels in the past and never used them

What puts me off a 3 phase machine is the setting up i think. Am used to diesel nothing in setting it up.

Think they all have their place on the market. We have seen a big increase in the demand for diesel machines.
Quite a few guys using then for site mix S&C but mainly for guys just doing lots of m2 of mono each day.

The diesel machines are a lot less problematic than electric machines. Some say it's a hassle towing them, the other argument for it is you don't need to push stuff on and off the van every day. It's just rock up, mix, spray!

With our new PRAGMA 12s 9LD you can hold at least 24 x 30kg bags in the machine at one time . Lots of 2 man gangs using the machines as well now due to the mixing capacity. 3 is still the optimum number in our eyes

3 phase for the price difference

in your opinion Clemo how could we go about getting the information to end users on how to use and understand electric machines before making a decision on what is best suited

The majority of sales made will include a training day and then back up, so from my own experiences i have managed to get pretty much everyone i have sold an electric machine to able to use their machine.

The longer they leave using the machine from the time they took the training usually dictates the level of support i give, i.e train monday on site tuesday = couple short phone calls, train monday use machine in 1 month = all morning on phone.

I'd be interested to hear

in your opinion Clemo how could we go about getting the information to end users on how to use and understand electric machines before making a decision on what is best suited

The majority of sales made will include a training day and then back up, so from my own experiences i have managed to get pretty much everyone i have sold an electric machine to able to use their machine.

The longer they leave using the machine from the time they took the training usually dictates the level of support i give, i.e train monday on site tuesday = couple short phone calls, train monday use machine in 1 month = all morning on phone.

I'd be interested to hear

Tbh mate i don't know. Could they not make the electric easier to use. When you are reading about them on here it all sounds technical. But in saying that when I watch a vid it looks easy.

It's not that technical really. It all sounds like gibberish but it's basically a water butt attached to a pump. Priming a rotor and getting a water setting and adding the powder. Powered by a genny. And a compressor on the air pipe

The principal is based on mixing any bagged gear.
Add correct water to mixing pot or bucket
Gently add powder
Turn on whisk or machine
Check consistency increase or decrease water
Carry to spot or connect pipe
Lay on wall or point gun and spray
Repeat process until complete
Maybe more videos of setting up the equipment and getting it ready to spray could be helpfull

If there was a app that u could put the name of the machine and product that u want to use. That would show u what sitting would be best to use for each machine and product

If there was a app that u could put the name of the machine and product that u want to use. That would show u what sitting would be best to use for each machine and product

A pft app would be good for newbie user's.
When I bought the ritmo Ian sent me a set up list which we used for the first few weeks which was good

Status
Not open for further replies.