did a weber over night

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplybesty

Private Member
me and Stuart sprayed about 60m2 of weber and left it over night, I dont think we should have done that because according to the boys, it was really hard.

You lot dont think we would have done that if we had to rub it back do you but i will tell the lads on monday that we were very sorry . :RpS_biggrin::RpS_biggrin:

I've got two little twenty m² panels that need doing in weber next week and and it's overnight and rokamat scrape. It's still a bit up and down at the mo.

Awkward temps at the moment. Leaving it for 16hrs is taking a chance but there again unlikely in a day either. That Ibrovit is way expensive at £77 + vat for 20 ltrs. What do Parex and the others have by way of an accelerator or retarder. A retarder might be more useful at the moment than an accelerator.

I'm going to swap to overnight on monday. Spray about 1ish, just hope to god its gonna be ok. How would you incorporate a retarder into the water supply?, I've got an M-Tec 300.

Ian I use nail discs on the rokamat, I bought light and heavy duty ones but they do the same thing, HD ones should last longer, good bit of kit when it's gone though, It does put a smile on your face and it allows you other options.

We sprayed parex at 1 ish and scraped back next morning bout three weeks ago. Mind you that was on a north facing wall. Was hard but doable.

Ian I use nail discs on the rokamat, I bought light and heavy duty ones but they do the same thing, HD ones should last longer, good bit of kit when it's gone though, It does put a smile on your face and it allows you other options.

would u use it if the gear wasnt rock hard?

I read in a post a short while back about a manufacturer what does a retarder. Can anyone remember who it was? A retarder would be useful at this time of year.

Parex do a retarder called tardex.

Steve have u seen the scraper disc that has 4 blades on it so it works like an i frame.

You probably wouldnt be doing more than 100 bags a spray and that would take about 700 ltrs of water approx 3.5 water butts. Add tardex fill water butt and let it run out, then repeat. or use 2 water butts.

me and Stuart sprayed about 60m2 of weber and left it over night, I dont think we should have done that because according to the boys, it was really hard.

You lot dont think we would have done that if we had to rub it back do you but i will tell the lads on monday that we were very sorry . :RpS_biggrin::RpS_biggrin:

i did feel a bit guilty paul that we went and done 25m2 of acrylic whilst they scraped down that wall lol

Nik I only use it when it's gone a bit too far, I bought it early spring this year so I cant say I've needed it much yet, although when I have good bit of kit.
Ian, I have seen the rabot discs but I don't think I would benefit from them much however the wire brush discs make money! On refurbs I show them how we prep the walls with the rokamat with wire pads on, It's like being a kirby hoover saleman, they love it, then get the labourer to eat dust.
You do have a choice on a small job , if you want to wack it on and leave over night you can without too much arm ache as long as you're vigilant about colour.

Nik I only use it when it's gone a bit too far, I bought it early spring this year so I cant say I've needed it much yet, although when I have good bit of kit.
Ian, I have seen the rabot discs but I don't think I would benefit from them much however the wire brush discs make money! On refurbs I show them how we prep the walls with the rokamat with wire pads on, It's like being a kirby hoover saleman, they love it, then get the labourer to eat dust.
You do have a choice on a small job , if you want to wack it on and leave over night you can without too much arm ache as long as you're vigilant about colour.

can u use them on softer gear?? or are they meant for gear thats gone a bit? i was looking at the eibenstock one mainly for floating s+c but am not sure yet

If you use base coats its a huge help, its good for scraping base coats aswell. Its good on MP75 for sponging and there is a trowel attachment which is hand for sending the Lab round final trowelling

Status
Not open for further replies.