Dewalt Cordless mixer

Members online

No members online now.
Sorry but it's true. I don't want a whole move going off at the same time.
That's how we used to control the set . Mixing up in a yellow builders bucket about half a bag at a time , you would have the spot board loaded out and use the finish in the order that it was mixed so stuff was not all going off at the same time . But that was back when you had a labourer who only laboured and plasterers only plastered .

That's how we used to control the set . Mixing up in a yellow builders bucket about half a bag at a time , you would have the spot board loaded out and use the finish in the order that it was mixed so stuff was not all going off at the same time . But that was back when you had a labourer who only laboured and plasterers only plastered .
We simply mixed in a large dustbin and put it on , crazy but it works ,

I've always knocked up 2 bags to lay the first coat but since lockdown thought I would ease back into it with doing 1 bag mixes and I think I prefer it at the minute,yes I have to wait for the gear to pick up but it let's me have a sit down for awhile or start getting other things prepped whilst waiting and.i dont feel as f**k*d any more,

I got bought one as a gift? Was going to send it back and get the mega mixer as my ibenstock seemed like it was on its way out after 10years. It’s good on domestics Mix outside so no mess in house and more space to work, just put it in back of van so don’t go walking no messing about moving Tranny or 110 lead. When we’re rendering just move it lift to lift to knock up on scaffold by bosh. We’re on some new builds now with no electric just yet so it’ saves having the genny running. Only thing I would say is paddle supplied is pretty big so it does splash if you ain’t knocking much gear up do it in a smaller bucket to suit. We made own paddle, knocks up in no time , no splashing just pulls right down. Dab, hardwall, basecoat, finish

I got bought one as a gift? Was going to send it back and get the mega mixer as my ibenstock seemed like it was on its way out after 10years. It’s good on domestics Mix outside so no mess in house and more space to work, just put it in back of van so don’t go walking no messing about moving Tranny or 110 lead. When we’re rendering just move it lift to lift to knock up on scaffold by bosh. We’re on some new builds now with no electric just yet so it’ saves having the genny running. Only thing I would say is paddle supplied is pretty big so it does splash if you ain’t knocking much gear up do it in a smaller bucket to suit. We made own paddle, knocks up in no time , no splashing just pulls right down. Dab, hardwall, basecoat, finish

Yeah the paddle supplied is numb I switched it straight away when I saw it.

Can't belive these less than bag mixes you must have a labourer coz I could not be f**k*d having to stop and mix all the time especially on a big ceiling when stilts are on

Carlite sets nicely, 2 bag hits are ready for the second straight away , so mix 2 , then lay in with fresh ( always fresh ) trowels up lovely

Yeah the paddle supplied is numb I switched it straight away when I saw it.

Can't belive these less than bag mixes you must have a labourer coz I could not be f**k*d having to stop and mix all the time especially on a big ceiling when stilts are on
You are from the new school of plastering . A few of us are from a time when you had every room planked out for skimming ceilings and you had a mix just to put the scrims on . Plenty were still mixing with a stick and podger in 86 when i started and you wouldn't want to be mixing a bag or two in one go like that . We did have labourers and as an apprentice you would muck in and do all the donkey work as well as trying to learn . Times have change a lot some for good and some not so good . IMO.

You are from the new school of plastering . A few of us are from a time when you had every room planked out for skimming ceilings and you had a mix just to put the scrims on . Plenty were still mixing with a stick and podger in 86 when i started and you wouldn't want to be mixing a bag or two in one go like that . We did have labourers and as an apprentice you would muck in and do all the donkey work as well as trying to learn . Times have change a lot some for good and some not so good . IMO.
I had a whisk, but carried on using a stick and plodger out of choice for many years. I used to labour on myself float and set. Hod my own gear in, mix and lay floor screeds, so mixing a bit of skim up by hand was no bother.

I had a whisk, but carried on using a stick and plodger out of choice for many years. I used to labour on myself float and set. Hod my own gear in, mix and lay floor screeds, so mixing a bit of skim up by hand was no bother.
Your body must be fooked or you was a very fit man in your day, fair play to u , how come you worked on your own ?

Your body must be fooked or you was a very fit man in your day, fair play to u , how come you worked on your own ?
Yes I was very fit. Although I'm well overweight now I'm still in great working order.
I did have labourers from time to time, but used to get sick of trying to find ones that were good and reliable. So I just worked on my own.
It also gave me the freedom I love to come and go as I please.
I did have a couple of good ones over the years, both went on to be plasterers in their own right.

Plenty were still mixing like that well into the 90s aswell.

And in a bath, (hoe/shovel mixing) for floating.

Conditions you.

Fannys now.

Massive contrast.

Funny enough my son actually said at the start of the week that he might give mixing up by hand a go. He's never done it before.

Just thinking back now.

Old pram wheel plunger - i used put eml around it to mix quicker. Like a gauze.

That was our old equivalent of a massive paddle.

Just thinking back now.

Old pram wheel plunger - i used put eml around it to mix quicker. Like a gauze.

That was our old equivalent of a massive paddle.
A bike crank with the teeth ground off and a length of steel gas pipe welded on for a handle was the popular choice here in Essex.

I use 1 bag buckets from Wickes , big hits I pour bag in 5 minutes before mixing , mixes quickly , I obviously don't use stills

Raleigh cog an gas pipe with my dad also @essexandy , was a quick method , if eBay didn't sell perfectly capable mixers for £50 I would go back to it rather than buy a DeWalt £650 , to justify one I'd have to work more than two days a week and possibly more than one week in a row