Depression

Andy g

It s come back, not even drinking, this is how I see my depression, let's say u won qne million on lottery I would look at that money and feel depressed, think what brought in on again is working on my own plastering or my be not don't really, not taking tablets no way

It's all mental there's no such thing as depression it's a mental state that only you can alter! Don't read about it dont put yourself in that place get out of the house and get back in touch with the basic things in life walking in the countryside, fishing whatever stewing in your own s**t is the worst thing you can do! Take it from someone who knows!

It's all mental there's no such thing as depression it's a mental state that only you can alter! Don't read about it dont put yourself in that place get out of the house and get back in touch with the basic things in life walking in the countryside, fishing whatever stewing in your own s**t is the worst thing you can do! Take it from someone who knows!
Your a fool if you think depression doesn't exist...over 80 suicides a week in men alone disagrees with you. Mental health is very real and fishing wont get rid of it. Therapy and drilling down into the bones of what is wrong will sort it and even then probably not fully. We're all victims of a lifetime of bad experiences some less so than others and those who had really bad ones often cant fully undo the damage. Depression is related to changes in brain chemistry like lack of dopamine release and how to revert that is still not understood fully. I've always said andy and I've given you my number if you want to talk give me a ring or drop me a text

Disagree

@zombie I meant that in the nicest way. Dwelling on stuff just makes it worse. If can’t cope then go docs. If can cope then crack on but know if it gets too much you can go docs. Thinking/dwelling just makes everything worse

Your a fool if you think depression doesn't exist...over 80 suicides a week in men alone disagrees with you. Mental health is very real and fishing wont get rid of it. Therapy and drilling down into the bones of what is wrong will sort it and even then probably not fully. We're all victims of a lifetime of bad experiences some less so than others and those who had really bad ones often cant fully undo the damage. Depression is related to changes in brain chemistry like lack of dopamine release and how to revert that is still not understood fully. I've always said andy and I've given you my number if you want to talk give me a ring or drop me a text
I pulled myself out of depression bereavement by the way I dealt with my own problems not knocking how people come to terms with things there's a different answer out there for everyone and what works for some don't work for others! But the doctors chair ain't the best approach in my opinion

I pulled myself out of depression bereavement by the way I dealt with my own problems not knocking how people come to terms with things there's a different answer out there for everyone and what works for some don't work for others! But the doctors chair ain't the best approach in my opinion
The sentiments fine and glad you got better mate but I disagree about the doctors chair....I think absolutely everyone who is depressed the very first thing they should do when they finally recognise it is go and have a Frank honest conversation with your doctor

The sentiments fine and glad you got better mate but I disagree about the doctors chair....I think absolutely everyone who is depressed the very first thing they should do when they finally recognise it is go and have a Frank honest conversation with your doctor

Not done this but know it’s accurate and would encourage it

I see we're your coming from I'm not disagreeing I just have a problem with doctors and there ease to put people on anti depressants my mum is a f**k**g zombie because of those things and she dont even know it! It's changed her so much over the years it's awful to watch

I see we're your coming from I'm not disagreeing I just have a problem with doctors and there ease to put people on anti depressants my mum is a f**k**g zombie because of those things and she dont even know it! It's changed her so much over the years it's awful to watch
I agree mate drugs are the last resort

I deal with the peaks and troughs of stress depression... I am always 100mph everywhere... Then I crash and when I do I crash hard...

I then go and piss about in the garage... make something or go and do a couple of shifts on the trowel then I pull myself back out of it.

I binned all drugs and caffeine off and that has been a big help

s**t will happen that’s out of your control and may make you feel depressed.
You can control your mind, thoughts, words and actions.
It’s not a cliche to say toughen up. Take back control of your emotions, you choose to be a victim and you can climb out of self pity.
Don’t just be guided by what you feel like doing. Do what you know is right.
Look at your diet your sleeping pattern your screen time and your exercise. These contribute hugely to your state of mind

It s come back, not even drinking, this is how I see my depression, let's say u won qne million on lottery I would look at that money and feel depressed, think what brought in on again is working on my own plastering or my be not don't really, not taking tablets no way
Go to the doctors mate !

People need Stop fookin abusing the word depression,everytime there sad.

Them morons on there socials normalising it !

I deal with the peaks and troughs of stress depression... I am always 100mph everywhere... Then I crash and when I do I crash hard...

I then go and piss about in the garage... make something or go and do a couple of shifts on the trowel then I pull myself back out of it.

I binned all drugs and caffeine off and that has been a big help
Wot about beer.

People need Stop fookin abusing the word depression,everytime there sad.

Them morons on there socials normalising it !

I think it should me normalised...or maybe it's not being normalised and it was just so swept under the rug before it's only since social media that its come into the public domain how many people are actually not feeling right most of the time.[/QUOTE]

I think it should me normalised...or maybe it's not being normalised and it was just so swept under the rug before it's only since social media that its come into the public domain how many people are actually not feeling right most of the time.
[/QUOTE]
:all them idiots on there socials are diagnosing themselves as depression
That is why it is being normalised
When clearly there having a bad day at most
I mean we even have that day in January as blue Monday fooking unreal! the pharma industry is controlling these clowns

Depressing bellend is that cos your a miserable yorkshire c**t

Cure yourself..Well you never will totally but you can manage it. Learn about it.
Best person I know that talks on psychology is

Not to put a downer on it but we are all just a step away every day, I've always said when things go right and you have a couple of beers you think you can conquer the world!! But being self employed takes its toll especially when things go wrong.. A job can be cancelled that your relying on, help don't turn up, or weather against you!! Bills still need to be paid whatever though! Nothing worse than feeling alone... Keep your chin up andy... You ain't the only one bud. it's easy for some to give it large like Dell boy but behind closed doors it's a different story kid..

H
Not to put a downer on it but we are all just a step away every day, I've always said when things go right and you have a couple of beers you think you can conquer the world!! But being self employed takes its toll especially when things go wrong.. A job can be cancelled that your relying on, help don't turn up, or weather against you!! Bills still need to be paid whatever though! Nothing worse than feeling alone... Keep your chin up andy... You ain't the only one bud. it's easy for some to give it large like Dell boy but behind closed doors it's a different story kid..
tot
Agree mate 100% this t**t I subbing to has promise me a good job near we're I live, been travelling far on his other jobs. Now he's not answering this phone, they are all the same f**k**g plastering firms y do they lie to you face, they have a knack of making u feel like a right loseer

I was diagnosed with depression in February 2017 and I was given Setraline. Yes it worked to some degree as I suddenly couldn’t care less anymore. Quality was still there but as far as managing my business was concerned I let it go down the pan which created more problems but I simply put my head in the sand.

My diagnosis was not by my usual doctor but 3 months in my usual doctor advised me that now I am on the ‘other side’ I wean myself off the drugs and work on the problem.

The problem was 35 years of bad experiences and the daily stress of trying to satisfy everyone with me being the last on my list of priorities.

Come 2018 because of unfortunate circumstances I had to take early retirement but now looking back at the s**t I had to put up with it was the best thing for me to do and how I lasted so long is beyond me.

I will be back on the tools but certainly not in business had my belly full of that s**t.

Find someone else Andy the selfish t**t you are working for will make you ill.

Andy, remember that young lad at Pagets who hung himself in the late 80’s? Ran the counter on his own, come his death it took 3 men behind the counter to do what he was made to do on his own. Move on.

I was diagnosed with depression in February 2017 and I was given Setraline. Yes it worked to some degree as I suddenly couldn’t care less anymore. Quality was still there but as far as managing my business was concerned I let it go down the pan which created more problems but I simply put my head in the sand.

My diagnosis was not by my usual doctor but 3 months in my usual doctor advised me that now I am on the ‘other side’ I wean myself off the drugs and work on the problem.

The problem was 35 years of bad experiences and the daily stress of trying to satisfy everyone with me being the last on my list of priorities.

Come 2018 because of unfortunate circumstances I had to take early retirement but now looking back at the s**t I had to put up with it was the best thing for me to do and how I lasted so long is beyond me.

I will be back on the tools but certainly not in business had my belly full of that s**t.

Find someone else Andy the selfish t**t you are working for will make you ill.

Andy, remember that young lad at Pagets who hung himself in the late 80’s? Ran the counter on his own, come his death it took 3 men behind the counter to do what he was made to do on his own. Move on.
Said before . You should teach young lads to have breaks do a certain amount then go home. If I had not worked like a dog when I was younger I.m sure my neck n back would be fine