decorators you got to love them

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkycarl

Did hall stairs and landing 2 weeks ago got a call can you come and have a look at it please it looks like you left trowel make on the wall so I said what do you mean trowel marks lines all over the walls that's what the decorator said oh did he I know we're this is going no probs I pop back tomorrow evening got there and the painter there here we go walked in and the painter said alright mate I just said what's the problem with the walls at the the husband came in to have his penny's worth look at all the lines on the walls it's more bad when the sun on it I just looked at him and nothing to do with my work it's his roller the lines are from then the painter spoke up I've been painting for years I just said will you never sealed this wall he looks at me to say you dropped me right in it so I got the wife the husband looking at me like to say has he done this and they could tell from my face oh yes cut the story if the wall is sealed the paint should not peel off should it the painter looks and says no there you go in joy bye get a phone off the husband didn't think it was trowel marks yeh

Had that a couple of times, usually a know it all husband kicking off though

Fecking painters..........say no more ................anything to blame someone else cos they can't use a roller...........T***s....... Ok rant over........ T***s......nope T***s ..................hang on T***s............ Nearly done.............

Did hall stairs and landing 2 weeks ago got a call can you come and have a look at it please it looks like you left trowel make on the wall so I said what do you mean trowel marks lines all over the walls that's what the decorator said oh did he I know we're this is going no probs I pop back tomorrow evening got there and the painter there here we go walked in and the painter said alright mate I just said what's the problem with the walls at the the husband came in to have his penny's worth look at all the lines on the walls it's more bad when the sun on it I just looked at him and nothing to do with my work it's his roller the lines are from then the painter spoke up I've been painting for years I just said will you never sealed this wall he looks at me to say you dropped me right in it so I got the wife the husband looking at me like to say has he done this and they could tell from my face oh yes cut the story if the wall is sealed the paint should not peel off should it the painter looks and says no there you go in joy bye get a phone off the husband didn't think it was trowel marks yeh

I've read that 3 times and I'm thinking your trying to say there's a disbut between you and the painters work. Was going to read it a 4th time to try and work it out but I'm sitting here on the pot, with a big dingle berry hanging from my arse so I guess this needs seen to instead. Anyhow, good luck on what ever your problem is. Have to go, nature calling ;)

images (69).jpg

Every painter I have ever met always think they are the top of the trade and rate themselves very highly....

Same with window fitters.... they always have the best of everything but 90% of the time its on the never never

The problem nowadays is that painters don't want to do any preparation, and would rather drag the plasterer or taper back for the stupidest little nick or spider hole, than just pop a bit of filler in there or show it a bit of sandpaper. I was a decorator for years before I got into Drylining, and unless the plastering or taping was exceptionally bad, we'd sort it out and say nothing. You always expected to do a bit of prep. Today, they want f**k**g jam on it. Life's too short to be a c**t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.