Decorators forum

Olican

Private Member
Was browsing the Facebook plastering pages and there are so many pictures of highly polished plastered walls often with the quote "f@@k the painter" it got me wondering how much of a problem if at all this is for them. I was taught Matt and flat, slightly egg shell . Was going to join a decorators forum to see if there where any threads on it, I'm just worried I might get into a conversation with one. The last time I got in a conversation with a painter it lasted 6 hours them boys love a natter

Prepare yourself, they always moan about rates, and that they don't get paid on time, most of them can't wait a day to get paid let alone a month

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

i was also taught matt, an eggshell finish, but that was with Sirapite which was a lot more open and course finish plaster. multi finish is to fine a plaster.
when i work in holland the dutch plasterers always ask me why do the brits want a polished finish?

Most new builds are sprayed....i trowel mine as little as possible.
Why would you wanna put more effort in for fuuck all !!!

Was browsing the Facebook plastering pages and there are so many pictures of highly polished plastered walls often with the quote "f@@k the painter" it got me wondering how much of a problem if at all this is for them. I was taught Matt and flat, slightly egg shell . Was going to join a decorators forum to see if there where any threads on it, I'm just worried I might get into a conversation with one. The last time I got in a conversation with a painter it lasted 6 hours them boys love a natter

was that fore play oli :inocente::lol:

I Meant prepare himself for the moaning on decorators forum

we went on strike to get equal pay for painters. before they were only paid a rate in between labourers and craftsmen.

i was also taught matt, an eggshell finish, but that was with Sirapite which was a lot more open and course finish plaster. multi finish is to fine a plaster.
when i work in holland the dutch plasterers always ask me why do the brits want a polished finish?

fecking hell have n't heard that name for years malc ---is it an age thing :lol:

we went on strike to get equal pay for painters. before they were only paid a rate in between labourers and craftsmen.
In my eyes most of them are still on s**t pay tbh according to some of their posts.
There's a guy trying to set up a union at the minute not sure if he will succeed tho.

I use a mediflex usually first coat speedskim second coat speed skim one with MT then a couple with the medi. So I don't feel like I over trowel and I find it hard not to leave a polished finish to be honest.

It's all a load of rubbish lol mine always shine and I don't want them too, But decorators seem to like following me I. E giving me lots of work. It's porous so it will take unless you really take the piss. And it's still a darn site nicer to paint if there is no filling and sanding involved. Just my opinion :)

I use a mediflex usually first coat speedskim second coat speed skim one with MT then a couple with the medi. So I don't feel like I over trowel and I find it hard not to leave a polished finish to be honest.

I stroll in wankered from the night before ...cant find my arse from my elbows.
Pick up the drill fill the bin to the top curse at the world cause its fuucking cold chain smoke.
Fire it on .....then try and remember how i got to bed.
Tell the agent to fuuck off my names not "when you gonna be done"
Somehow get done what i had in my head the day before.
Go home entertain the kids.
Read them stories in bed then a few hours later everythings a blur !!!
Repeat.

Pick up the drill fill the bin to the top curse at the world cause its fuucking cold chain smoke.
Repeat.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Screenshot_2016-11-23-07-12-15-1.png

Tell them it only takes a couple of minute to buff a wall whith a light sand paper just to get that key . If the walls are that polished .

In my eyes most of them are still on s**t pay tbh according to some of their posts.
There's a guy trying to set up a union at the minute not sure if he will succeed tho.

that is why we all left direct employment to be self employed. we more then doubled our wages overnight but you soon gear up to the extra money .

Some plasterers pride themselves on getting their walls like mirrors.

They're also known as arseholes.
When I do ceilings and theirs a fit bird ther I always ask them do u whant a mirror ceiling in the bedroom . That y I'm married three times I thinK

I can remember the late 70s ,every time British Leyland ,at Longbridge went on strike 30,000 painters flooded the sites around Brum

Reactions: Pug
I do two flattens, 2 wet and a dry, they look shiny but done loads for family and friends and non mentioned any issue

Repeat.

Mate I should sing that Foo Fighters song to you...

"There goes my hero, watch him as he gooooesssss!"
Legend