Deals down home base

Members online

I worked in Australia last year I heard that Bunnings has came to the UK. It's a good store to be honest, pisses over wickes and it's a better b&q, Bunnings have everything. Sometimes to much tho some of there stock is made of cheap crap. Didn't know homebase was being bought out by them, make sense now I can't have been in homebase for a good 12 years now!! I get all surprised when I see one driving past

Love Bunnings in Australia :D

homebase to expensive,went down weekend as i had an e mail advertising marshaltown hawks a tenner and marshalltown trowels for twenty pounds,checked the stock and told there was quite a few of each left but went down opening time but not any there,just a ploy to get you there also irwin jacksaws for sale at over a tenner each but i had two for under a tenner at screwfix last week,always been expensive there

The current home base stores are too small and not in the best locations, they are light years behind b&q.
And with other similar stores making headway ( names escape me) it’s just a matter of time before they go under

Just opened a Bunnings near me in Essex, right on the A13 it was a Homebase which was next to useless, overpriced, s*it tools / no range, no staff .....It's pretty well stocked now, plenty of staff, good range of trade quality tools Marhshalltown, makita, dewalt etc....Screwfix always p*isses me off as no parking and massive ques, and B & Q here is just inaccessible. So pretty happy Bunnings have taken over, they do not stock plastering sand though. Maybe they will shake the competition up a bit!

Just opened a Bunnings near me in Essex, right on the A13 it was a Homebase which was next to useless, overpriced, s*it tools / no range, no staff .....It's pretty well stocked now, plenty of staff, good range of trade quality tools Marhshalltown, makita, dewalt etc....Screwfix always p*isses me off as no parking and massive ques, and B & Q here is just inaccessible. So pretty happy Bunnings have taken over, they do not stock plastering sand though. Maybe they will shake the competition up a bit!
I don't think it's happened yet but apparently the Chelmsford Homebase will become a Bunnings.
Months and months ago they were selling Bunnings own brand tools, I think it was called Oz Power or something like that.

That's the one down waterhouse lane?

I'm talking about the one in basildon it's very accessible which I like, I didn't see any OZ power (even the name sounds rubbish) there.....they had some ragni / ox tools at the lower end...

Their pricing was pretty fair as well I thought.

We had the homebase turned into Bunnings, it's the exact same shite like any other DIY store, just different badge on it.
Been there twice to kill 10 min with the kid while we were waiting on someone, but prices are like what you would get at an independent place, I didn't find it cheap, they do stock some branded tools but they far from competitive. Mate had a kitchen drawn up by them, they forget about the kitchen sink and tap or hob :loco:

We had the homebase turned into Bunnings, it's the exact same shite like any other DIY store, just different badge on it.
Been there twice to kill 10 min with the kid while we were waiting on someone, but prices are like what you would get at an independent place, I didn't find it cheap, they do stock some branded tools but they far from competitive. Mate had a kitchen drawn up by them, they forget about the kitchen sink and tap or hob :loco:

I was only looking at hand/power tools and building / plastering consumables, it was a massive improvement on the homebase days. Maybe the branches are different then. Oh I did look at some of the timber and it was all bent and twisted like bananas.......

I was only looking at hand/power tools and building / plastering consumables, it was a massive improvement on the homebase days. Maybe the branches are different then. Oh I did look at some of the timber and it was all bent and twisted like bananas.......
Same here, massive improvement, never understood how homebase survived so long, but I think Bunnings gonna go too sooner or later