day rates and what you would do in the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailey326

im starting to do some advertising and if i get jobs come up that are a bit too much for me im gonna have to get other spreads into help.

what would some of you on here charge for the day and what would you do in that day seeing as your not on price so your not gonna slog your bollox off?

or would you just give a price for what someone would want you to do?

£150.00 per day but does depend on size of job.I'm doing a 20ft by 20ft lounge ceiling and walls and a small bedroom inc ceiling tommorrow and Thursday and charging £700.00 inc materials.

£150 common place for working for builders/developers...ceiling and a couple of walls.if on board...but depends on prep for room.....if my own customer then always a price rate, and try and get room done in day ie ceiling and a wall on 1st mix the rest on second mix,but when i was started off it would be ceiling 1st/2 walls second/ and next day for the balance, but again it all depends how much time u spend preping room, if your getting another spread in norm 120 cash or 150 thru books.....for their help for the day

very fair comment......these are rates ive been used to all year for extra help...but things have changed...big time...price to get now on price work........im still working for 180 to 200 a day on day rates..but im hitting size for this price...ie nearly a room....if not a room....there will come a time next year and onwards for a bit where evryone starts dropping prices...and in the end we will have to join them to compete which will seriously feck everything up.......im trying to hold out as long as poss, already guys in my manor workin g for 80quid a day...which is not good for anyones trade!! :mad:

dont think ill drop my price's to £ 80 a day........... if i do, i just skim one wall a day ;D

fella hope i dont have to either......but if everyones doing it we all have to eat....tried talking to spreads around my way to try and stick together...but lets be honest if it gets that bad......all men for them selves.....which is never gonna be good for anyone

TrowelADDICT said:
i work price's out at £110 a day at the moment....... want to keep busy
I found out many years ago that any body can be busy , but not earn anything ,now i would rather earn than be busy, if you understand my logic

was working for someone as an apprentice but he aint got no more work at the moment.
done a few little private jobs mainly for friends and family so i did them at pretty good prices.
gonna do some advertising but dont wanna go look at a job that i wont be able to handle on my own and have to turn it away so thats why im seeing how much other plasterers are charging at the moment so i know what im looking at.
and the plasterer i was working for is really unreliable so i cant count on him.

no wonder hes got no work on if hes unreliable,did he have subbies working for him if so av you got there numbers,soon as you start letting people down,theres another customer gone and probably another three of there friends word of mouth soon travels mate,so be reliable, can assure you mate builders would rather pay 50 extra aday for sombody thats reliable.
get in touch with some local spreads tell em youve got some work comin up and see how much per day there happy with,dont be scared of any jobs no matter what the size ,as long as your straight with the customer theyll appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.