Day rate

why the kitchen company? I do work for a few and they all seem ok. I give them a price example list To work off at 20% either way and it seems to work out really well for everybody.
I agree with all the others though!

Kitchen companies are just organised chaos
They just sold Mrs Jones a 20k kitchen
I want the 20k not £400 for patching stuff up

Your welcome

Kitchen companies are just organised chaos
They just sold Mrs Jones a 20k kitchen
I want the 20k not £400 for patching stuff up

Your welcome

Haha. I vary rarely do patch work. May as well just talk them into the full wall and leave a proper job. Same amount of time

Reactions: 000
already have a mortgage!
2 years in, only another 24 to go.

the poster mentioned 160 so I was working off that.

unfortunately with plastering being unregulated there will always be younger lads living at home willing to work for low wages as they’ve never experienced having £600 in their pocket a week. And I’m sure we all know blokes who go around plastering to top up their benefits. House prices in the midlands and up north are much lower so to be honest £160 a day really isn’t that bad.

I know lads who chuck the plaster on like p*ss and get a good wage on day rate but they are killing themselves and their angles, corners around sockets etc are really lacking on a quality front.

I plastered a kitchen last month and they’d had a builder in to do extension and just wanted me to plaster the kitchen half as the builder didn’t have time to finish it apparently. Whoever he had used to do the work it was horrendous plaster work but the customer didn’t seem to think so as he came to the job when I was there and all seemed ok.
here’s a photo of his plastering!
my point being that customers and “builders” pay for sh*t
Good points made but thats not maybe bad plastering just sloppy attention to detail.
that plastering will probably paint just as well as the bloke who cleans pattresses out and cleans off pva but one will be having a pint the other pushing a hoover.

why the kitchen company? I do work for a few and they all seem ok. I give them a price example list To work off at 20% either way and it seems to work out really well for everybody.
I agree with all the others though!
say again? i will go for the 20% cheaper, thanks.

say again? i will go for the 20% cheaper, thanks.
I assume he gives the kitchen company a list of prices for different work that commonly needs doing so they can price in the plastering at the same time as the kitchen. price could be slightly higher or lower depending on what actually needs doing

yes exactly right. Once you’ve done a few and met the fitters and know they take a bit of care removing things it can be quite a good number.

I clean the patress boxes out every time. At least I know nobody can take photos or complain about any of my work
I assume he gives the kitchen company a list of prices for different work that commonly needs doing so they can price in the plastering at the same time as the kitchen. price could be slightly higher or lower depending on what actually needs doing

right got it.

yes exactly right. Once you’ve done a few and met the fitters and know they take a bit of care removing things it can be quite a good number.

I clean the patress boxes out every time. At least I know nobody can take photos or complain about any of my work
yaeh but it does not really matter as long as you get paid, its personnel pride etc, some have more some less but it does not overly matter as long as the job is a good en.

yaeh but it does not really matter as long as you get paid, its personnel pride etc, some have more some less but it does not overly matter as long as the job is a good en.
If you're working for a kitchen company a number of times a year and the sparky comes in every time and says that plasterers a rough c**t they're either going to find someone else or the sparks going to start doing second fix at same time as first. Pissing off other trades you regularly work with is never a good idea.

If you're working for a kitchen company a number of times a year and the sparky comes in every time and says that plasterers a rough c**t they're either going to find someone else or the sparks going to start doing second fix at same time as first. Pissing off other trades you regularly work with is never a good idea.
helps if you're nomadic.

It’s interesting to here everyone’s thoughts on day rates, it would be hard in Scotland to get above 160 a day even though your right 200 and above should be the the right number .....if you have a really good reputation it does work in your favour but what also counts is geographical location where reputation goes above price sometimes that doesn’t always work here but maybe work more down south, as was pointed out on this thread a builder did some work and it looked crap but the customer did not think so...maybe I should move lol

It’s interesting to here everyone’s thoughts on day rates, it would be hard in Scotland to get above 160 a day even though your right 200 and above should be the the right number .....if you have a really good reputation it does work in your favour but what also counts is geographical location where reputation goes above price sometimes that doesn’t always work here but maybe work more down south, as was pointed out on this thread a builder did some work and it looked crap but the customer did not think so...maybe I should move lol
I work in Scotland, and do day rates, now and then . Plastering 240 Decorating 200 . Existing customer rates applied !

Where are you based ?

I actually lose money doing day rate. I occasionally work for a builder on day rate and I could have been doing other private work for more. Hes the only guy I do it for as hes disorganized as hell. But I get alot of recommendations from him.

I don’t start early enough for day rate nowadays.... builders are working a few doors away from me at the moment and look they give me when I pootle past at 9.
Last two days I been home at 1 and 3 lol! :ROFLMAO:

in the land of the blind the plasterer is king.