day rate

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do as little as u can and get as much as u can thats my rate and would the guy in tescos do 70 m skiming a day or freeze his nuts off on a cold winters day or work in the rain how can u compair our job to someone siting behind a deskor stacking shelves

plaster man said:
do as little as u can and get as much as u can thats my rate and would the guy in tescos do 70 m skiming a day or freeze his nuts off on a cold winters day or work in the rain how can u compair our job to someone siting behind a deskor stacking shelves
[/quote
Exactly i was working for 100 a day through the winter because it was a long term job [4 months] ;) work rate slowed right down.

plaster man said:

Well plasterin looks easy enough, it must be cos there's loads doin it , can't be that difficult ;)

Chris W said:
correct on both counts...
to be able to work a site you need site experience, same goes for the domestic side... theyre 2 different ball games and need a different approach

and you just dont charge domestic customers 'day rate'... day rate is what is offered to you for ongoing work, or, its just a round (adjustable depending on the job) figure you use to work prices out...
dead right! ;)

Plus you’d prob loose the job coz a customer wont want to give you more than they earn themselves!
[/quote]

whats the prob with customers, quite often I give local lads day work labouring, if there cr#p i pay em and dont ask em again, if there good i pay em agreed rate, if there grafters i pay agreed rate plus bit extra, shows appreciation. Punters always think you should work harder than they have or ever will work in a skilled trade and want to pay u handyman wages?
:(

warriorupnorth said:
plaster man said:

Well plasterin looks easy enough, it must be cos there's loads doin it , can't be that difficult ;)
thers more people stacking shelves ?

church said:
I wish i could on a weeks course to forget how to do it .
come and spend a week on a bender down the pub with me mate, youll forget your own name by the weekend ;D

I charge at the minute around 160-170 a day private, and get paid 150 a day Trade (off other builders).

120 a day is peanuts, I want to live comfortably and not kill myself for it so wont work for less than 150, dropping your prices doesnt guarentee work, I've won no more jobs dropping prices to 120 to putting them up to 180, genuine customers will pay good money for a good job.

Freerider_2009 said:
I charge at the minute around 160-170 a day private, and get paid 150 a day Trade (off other builders).

120 a day is peanuts, I want to live comfortably and not kill myself for it so wont work for less than 150, dropping your prices doesnt guarentee work, I've won no more jobs dropping prices to 120 to putting them up to 180, genuine customers will pay good money for a good job.

we should be like the super markets and fix our prices, dont under cut each other, then they phone you and as long as your not abusing the right to be ugly the jobs yours! ;) ;D

Thing is Spunkys right any tradesman self employed and worth his salt should be on £50.000 per annum recession or not which explains an earlier post by him why he is always skint cos its hard to get that kind of money now but the mortage and everything else has to be paid and they havent gone down.

the problem I find is this ..

dayrate = the job takes twice as long as it should do.
price = the job is completed double quick to a poor standard.

That seems to be the way round here anyway, not in truro though ... eh ben x

That's always the case Rich, rape it for the price and you'll always find some lads that'll toss it off on day rate, the place I'm working at, there's a couple of lads on there that can drag a room out to 3 days for a re-skim I kid you not, one of em is the foreman's son!!

richardbrown said:
the problem I find is this ..

dayrate = the job takes twice as long as it should do.
price = the job is completed double quick to a poor standard.

That seems to be the way round here anyway, not in truro though ... eh ben x
;)

Yep I am/was known for being expensive and was/is always busy!

Some people think he must be cheap for a reason....

But if you are more expensive than your rivals then you have to deleiver the reuslts and any brown nosing you need to do I do it...lol

Danny

then you get the blokes who think they are s**t hot so charge alot. and dont get any repeat work. i know a couple of people like that

steve cov said:
then you get the Ladyboys who think they are (german word) hot so charge alot. and dont get any repeat work. i know a couple of people like that
well lower your rate then ! ;D

That mentality has always been Rich 99% of people think pricework is running about like a lunatic working like a nutter the truth is with pricework that the money is earnt in the office, getting theprice right first.In the eighties me and my mate worked with two brothers bricklaying, they were naturaly fast and neat and we werent to bad oueselves but they were regimental and had it of to a tee realy organised, 8 till 4 and half day on a friday 10am break and 1pm dinner earnt the best money ever with them two proper pros taught me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.