dashing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the bollix that maan.
What compressor does it run mate and any leccy or is it straight on the air line

it would be a good machine if you can not dash.
far to slow,
we would kill that dashing by hand straight from a wheelbarrow

each bucket full holds 2 hopper full. the hopper takes 15 seconds to empty. That 2 bucket fulls of chippings or a bag a minute on the wall. fair doos if you can dash a bag a minute. By the end of the day both my apprentices could use that gun and be productive.

What size air compressor is this running off?
does it need a regulator or anything? I have got loads of this to do and feel like being lazy

Im using a pretty meaty compressor for this, its a petrol Kaeser M12. No need to be lazy get some lad in to run it for you whilst you carry on elsewhere
you could run a few guns of it. plus theres enough power there to shoot chip chips a up where the scaffold wont let you get . Its regulated on the trigger. Its very easy to use, start of lightly and build the air up to coincide with the speed you want to do. we are hiring out the full kit which you only need have when you have a couple days dashing in front of you innit.

42cfm! That's a petrol superman lung right there. It's a shame it doesn't work off the lk402 as it would do the lot then. What about the 604? That's 3 phase though ye?

Last edited:
Isnt better to teach one to lay on instead just payin him for feedin the hopper. U got to spread then spray then spread again. Does not look u can get a lot of meterage done in a day

machine allready has layed on Mik grabowski and same person feeding hopper helped flatten it down. later same person was using the dashing gun by himself scooping gear from trays.
Smooth like ??ts yah

42cfm! That's a petrol superman lung right there. It's a shame it doesn't work off the lk402 as it would do the lot then. What about the 604? That's 3 phase though ye?

Its still being tested really to see how small a compressor will perform for your requirements. we know the Kaeser will perform well. when the dash reciever picks up a bit a bit more air is needed to blast the stones harder or when you have awkward areas where scaffold or fitting prevent you dashing it you can aim the dash into the wall from a distance away.
The Kaeser works perfectly but its not a cheap unit.

Looks like it would be brilliant for wet dash and you wont be so ****** at the end of the day. Do you think you would give it a go with wet dash? probably not much different from a tyrolean gun that what a lot of people uses now for wet dash.

Cheers

Hi blones,

The finish with a splatter box compared with trowel is way better. The finish is perfectly even, no marks where it has been thrown on which you can see with some roughcasters where its hurled on. Also you dont have to wait for it to stiffen up before you wet dash it. So its much quicker.

It is pretty sweet :) Loads of wastage though dashing????

I have never had the pleasure of doing any.... Do you get to reuse the stones that drop?

I have never had the pleasure of doing any.... Do you get to reuse the stones that drop?

Fuuukin ell Danny do you really think in the 100's years they havent thought about catching and recycling the chips

we use Trays, offcuts of carpet, old sacks whatever

there is about one third of the stone wasted. we try to catch most but it is a bit difficult when you are dashing a tower block. also it is expensive when the waste is coloured flint imported from denmark. white flint is the worst for waste as any that is reused must be total clean

Last time I dashed with my old gaffa there was him putting on. His brother dashing. 1 lad mixing. 1 lad putting sheets down and filling stone buckets and 1 lad feeding the renderer and dasher

there is about one third of the stone wasted. we try to catch most but it is a bit difficult when you are dashing a tower block. also it is expensive when the waste is coloured flint imported from denmark. white flint is the worst for waste as any that is reused must be total clean
i averaged bout 2.5 mts a bag using the empty bags to catch and then used 700x400 plastic bakin trays and saved shedfulls more wat u use

I got a shallow tray made, about 1500 x 750 so I catch it on each lift, sheets on the ground for the rest :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.