dashing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

S a plastering

Private Member
got a extension to dash on concrete block was going to give the krend dry dash a whirl whats the best base coat to use for this and is thedsah reciever all diff colours to match someof the stone cheers

i would try the k-mix around 3.50 per bag and then there dash receiver which comes in a few colours on top .the k mix is also very good for smooth render i always keep a few bags in the van

If you go on their website they will give you a spec for it , most do coloured receivers, parex do a total of 48 colours as standard no extra charge, did a small ext dash last week and used primo colour as a receiver , did a scratch in the colour and then keyed and a tight coat over that and dashed in derby spa looked cock on ,

Something id like to use one day , priced one never got it , go on there web site if not speck to there technical dept and they will recommend the most expensive backing coat ;D

Have you done much dashing lately Church? I haven't done or been asked to price any in ages and I used to quite enjoy a bit of dashing for a change, I don't even see much done in Essex now.

Its weird i havent done any in years and the last 3 weeks we have had 3 jobs dashing all on a friday i just hope we havent got any more to do as i forgot what a nightmare it is.

essexandy said:
Have you done much dashing lately Church? I haven't done or been asked to price any in ages and I used to quite enjoy a bit of dashing for a change, I don't even see much done in Essex now.

Only a couple a year really normally extentions to match existing, got a little patching job coming up but not much, i think its dying out most new builds have smooth render or mono these days , i dont mind doing it makes a change like you say .

Yeah did some only 20 years ago ;)
Used to be called slopdash around my way, pretty much hits the nail on the head doesn't it.

Its funny how things differ form area to area dashing is called sparing and wet dash is called rough cast round our way.

wots wet dash then? is dashing a hard skill? I'm still trying to et my head around slandered flat smooth S&C!

Wet dashing is the business, messy as hell though. Used to use s&c all the time but moved onto krend wet dash seven years ago. Lot quicker slapping krend wet dash on than the old 321 s,c&c as it doesn't segregate as much.
Certainly a knack to it as you don't want switch marks..

its basically like throwing wet concrete at the wall oasis. takes londer to mask up and clean up than it takes to do the job!

dieselpower said:
Wet dashing is the business, messy as hell though. Used to use s&c all the time but moved onto krend wet dash seven years ago. Lot quicker slapping krend wet dash on than the old 321 s,c&c as it doesn't segregate as much.

I do wetdash but never done the krend version tho how does k rend wetdash compare exactly the same finish or slightly different to s&c?

[also when wet dashing you have to mask your self up lol, the last job i done i burnt my face and my lips were chaped for weeks

church said:
dieselpower said:

I do wetdash but never done the krend version tho how does k rend wetdash compare exactly the same finish or slightly different to s&c?
Much much quicker in my opinion, takes a little bit longer to apply the dash reciever than s&c (not much though)but when applying the wet dash it is probably 4 or 5 times quicker than the traditional method as your not constantly remixing it in the bucket.
The dash reciever is very forgiving as if it's a small panel you can hit it pretty much after you've finished coating it and if your going for a lot in a day the reciever doesn't dry out to much (depending on how much you soak the walls beforehand and weather). Gone are the days of pushing on newspaper pages round the bottom to dry it out so you can get home..

With dashing do you mean sparring? Where u chuck the stones in to the butter mix?

Or is it where u lay on your top coat of k rend on flat, and tyrolean straight on to it while it's wet? Seen them doing it on site.

so did i. scratch coat, key, top coat, devil float, tyrolean when set. thats how i've always done it.

s.p.t plastering said:
grand wizard said:
thats a texture finish not tyrolean stp

So dashing is rough casting, that's what we call it down here.

Chucking wet concrete on the wall, very messy.
But extremely durable thats why its used in wet climes, but your right it is messy

Status
Not open for further replies.