dash render

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, got a tight arse who wants me to smooth sand/cement render over dashing so it saves cost of removing it. dashing is on solid but can you do this? anyone done it?

cheers

ajplastering said:
hi, got a tight arse who wants me to smooth sand/cement render over dashing so it saves cost of removing it. dashing is on solid but can you do this? anyone done it?

cheers
who cares? he wants a cheap job, take his money and dont tell him your name ;D

ajplastering said:

cheers
yeah u can do it just make sure u use a old trowl and pva first and double check area for loose stones and render but u do have to double coat it scatch and then second the next day

i`m starting a job similar to this 2morrow.guy who runs building firm wanted a price to 1 coat!!!! i told him you have to spr spray,then scratch,then top.render has been painted as well.i wanted to spr scat first but he did`nt want to pay the extra dollar.you try and explain the right way to do it but they think your just trying to get more work out of them.

good mate, where you working? we've been ripping a roof off the last couple of days, took down all new ceilings which we'd only put in 2 months ago as the blokes decided he wants a whole new roof, and wants it turning round. got loads to do before we even think about plastering.

ajplastering said:

cheers
EML it first to be sure ???

craigpalmer18 said:
who you working for down south kirk? did you used to work at p t corkhills

done a little bit for corkills mate, i am working for a painting firm mate. cant say too much as i dont want other plasterers approaching them mate. its just too good of a deal to for someone to undercut me ;D

craigpalmer18 said:
who you working for down south kirk? did you used to work at p t corkhills

ive worked for phil a few times over the years not been on for them for along time nice bloke.

steve cov said:
hows orrrxford kurt?

spot on mate, am not actually in oxford, i am in a place called buckinghamshire, had a nice day doing a smooth render, two walls on a garage. back to the digs 5 pints and an I****n ;D sat in room with a pint.

no mate i have got my labourer with me, he is down stairs gettin pissed up, yep its all rendering. fooookin miles of it, the mansion is massive, the garage i did today has got 4 double doors on it and it goes 2 cars back so you could fit 16 cars in it :eek: recon i will get the plastering inside too if i want it :)

na mate i left the big book at home but i did bring the encyclopaedia of plastering by pegg and stag. ;D i always have one book with me ;) how far away from me are you steve?

about an hour mate. did you read my post about the HSE that came to see us today? proper spakka

Working aways a a bit of fun for a week or 2 but any longer gets a bit tedious i did a few months in Leicester cant remember alot of it as the bloke we were working for took us out every night and doing 12 hours days didn't help....Wheres your digs Kirk are you close to the pub i mean job ;)

Bod said:
Working aways a a bit of fun for a week or 2 but any longer gets a bit tedious i did a few months in Leicester cant remember alot of it as the bloke we were working for took us out every night and doing 12 hours days didn't help....Wheres your digs Kirk are you close to the pub i mean job ;)

haha am in the F*****g pub, its a massive boozer with 20 odd rooms upstairs ;D

steve cov said:
about an hour mate. did you read my post about the HSE that came to see us today? proper spakka

just read it now mate, dont surprise me they are all the same. although last year the fella i used to do site work for phoned me and asked me to do a house for him on a redrow site, i had been doing private work for a while so i said no because the price was crap and i had slowed down but he said he would pay loads more.. anyway started and the H&S came on and kicked my brother off for having trainers on so we all put the tools away to walk off halfway through the hit ;D teach the fukers, next min he comes back in and says i will let you off this time just make sure you have your boots tomorrow ??? just shows how bent they are when they need the job done fast ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.