damp proofing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

gps

im hoping one of you guys can save me a bit of time trawling the net, basically the question is whats the best way to get certified for doing damp proofing, i get inundated with requests for quotes but up till now just never bothered, but i realise it can be a minefield but if i can keep the order book full ill do it.

a damp proof surveyors coarse.i think u can call your self a surveyor after aboot 3 weeks bit of a skam really.but the plus side is there is always plenty plaster work.if a dpc is done rite then it will work. but it takes years of experince 2 properly cure the problem area.

usually spunky someone will say they have rising damp or penetrating and just want a quote for the work, but to offer the 30 year guarantee ill need to be certified with an insurance company on board

u dont need insurence company m8 u can get approved.with the chemicals.ur using in glesga its mostly remtox or sovern as it is remtox whos name is on the 30 year garentee.so do a coarse with remtox 4 example remtox give u approval 2 use there chemicals.and 2 give a garentee with there name on it.as long as u use there chemicals 4 the enjecting and treating dry rot or wet rot.

u dont need insurence company m8 u can get approved.with the chemicals.ur using in glesga its mostly remtox or sovern as it is remtox whos name is on the 30 year garentee.so do a coarse with remtox 4 example remtox give u approval 2 use there chemicals.and 2 give a garentee with there name on it.as long as u use there chemicals 4 the enjecting and treating dry rot or wet rot.

I did my approved contractor course at Kingfisher in cumbria Kingfisher Training Seminars - Roof Coatings, Damp Proof Injection, Timber Treatment & Tanking
Its only a one day course covers injection,tanking, basement conversions, timber dry rot.wet rot etc. They send the regional rep out to your 1st 3 jobs to asses you then sign you off as a contractor so you can issue guarantees. I got the rep to come and look at my 1st 3 jobs to give me the spec and he helped me price them and he came back when i was doing the work. I just use him now when ive got tricker jobs to diagnose.Most of my work is from people who cant get a mortgage because of damp problems. But surveyors just put the test meter on the wall and say its rising damp and 9 times out of 10 its something else like when council houses have been rendered to the floor and its sucking up all the moisture and bringing it in side the property. Most surveyors are as thick as castle walls....:RpS_laugh:

exactly thats wit i said u dont need an insurance company 2 give a 30 year garentee.and i agree with u most of them havent got a clu.av heard of kingfisher.example if ur selling ur house u want the garentee.

Do they give you a guarantee for the first 3 jobs? I emailed soverieign about this a while back and it was something similar they look at your first 2 or 3 jobs you use their gear then they letr you guarantee but i cant remember if they will guarantee your first 2 jobs. Its a catch 22 if you cant guarantee your first 2 jobs how do you get the work?

Do they give you a guarantee for the first 3 jobs? I emailed soverieign about this a while back and it was something similar they look at your first 2 or 3 jobs you use their gear then they letr you guarantee but i cant remember if they will guarantee your first 2 jobs. Its a catch 22 if you cant guarantee your first 2 jobs how do you get the work?

They need to see your first three jobs mate to make sure your doing it to spec, the rep will do the surveys for you then he will authorise your guarantee to be issued on those jobs, after those three you can issue your own guarantees on their behalf without the involvement of the rep (unless you wish him to be) i usually get the rep to survey the jobs and provide a spec, then i price it, do the work an issue the guarantee's

To be honest flynny not many people ask for a guarantee. Had only a handful of people ask and that was because the guarantee they had with rentokill had run out and the damp had come back.If the rep is there on your first 3 jobs then he will guarantee the work as you would be classed as the sub-contractor. You can even sub contract work out to other blokes and guarantee it. I personaly wouldnt do it that way cos i wouldnt be on the job and it falls back on you if it all went t**s up

They need to see your first three jobs mate to make sure your doing it to spec, the rep will do the surveys for you then he will authorise your guarantee to be issued on those jobs, after those three you can issue your own guarantees on their behalf without the involvement of the rep (unless you wish him to be) i usually get the rep to survey the jobs and provide a spec, then i price it, do the work an issue the guarantee's

Cheers mate i think i will get back onto them ive got a few similar jobs coming up :)

just out of interest, you guys who currently do damproofing when you remove the existing plaster do you skim the whole wall after or do you feather in, personally id skim it all its just any job i have seen done is only skimmed up to existing

depends how bad the rest of the wall is. You tend to find on old walls that your damp proofing is straighter than the rest of the wall and its possible easier to skim it all but if i can get away with blending it in i normally do it.

do you normally price by the meter of just day rate for your damp proofing marra??

Status
Not open for further replies.