damp proofing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewis

hi everyone can someone tell me the proper way of finishing up after the damp proofing guys .
the mix ratio ,how many coats,how long to leave the s and c before the finish coat etc etc any advice would be great. ;) ;) ;)

also why do ppl use s and c when you can use that dri-coat stuff????????????this must be easyier to use than s and c????

The damp company will specify what must be done i.e. mix/materials additives etc, they do this for the insurance and also to make you buy their materials.

ive never used drycoat but ive heard it's not that easy to use !!

used drycoat today much the same as limelite can you skim drycoat with normal multi or is it a special finish like limelite has ?

I see your point Gary B , I surpose you have to go with what the damp company specifys for gaurantee reasons, but unlike soverign renovating plaster dri coat hasnt got a purpose made top coat has it ? BG say can skim it with board finish  i surpose you just have to trust the dri coat to do its job.
The renovating plaster (backing coat) is very similar to dri coat but its got its own finish coat ( white stuff ) and its really hard to use and hard to get a decent finish with and ive used quite a bit of it and you do get the hang of it in the end i think its the better system over the BG one, like you say Gary using multi dont seem right on damp work does it .

Majority of backing plasters for use in damp conditions allow the wall to breathe and stipulate that gypsum based plasters should not be used, with the exception of dri-coat, see they all want to sell their products ;D

I've been around for along time now and remember the days when everybody got their house done up with grants etc. The main things that people had was a new roof and a damp course installed. Following the specification was vital due to the fact that the guarantee was an insurance policy. Guess what? any way they could possible get out of paying they would use. Ever since then I have always just done as I was told and if the customer hadn't got the details I would contact the company direct. Simple phone call and the customers thought I was David Bechams father.

Status
Not open for further replies.