damp in plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

R2D2

just while i'm thinking about it i thought i'd ask another question. my mum had her outhouse converted into a room and plaster boarded and plastered. the ceiling started leaking due to water collecting on there from a constantly dripping pipe on the side of the house. she's had that problem fixed and the plaster and plaster board is really dry. it could be fairly difficult to comment on but shes worried about it needing redoing. is there anyway to check if it all needs redoing without making a massive mess of the place? just so i can let her know.
cheers

If the plasterboard is dry and doesnt smell of mould and the ceiling hasnt bowed with the weight of the water from the leaking pipe i would think it is should be ok...........might be best to get a plasterer in to have a look marra......:RpS_thumbup:

Not so I'm afraid. It might look ok, but if the water has destroyed the integrity of the board it will fall to pieces when he pushes against it with one hand.

One push - not too hard - will determine this:RpS_thumbup:

up past morrisons towards lupset traffic lights?
never heard of a town called darnley in wakey at the bottom of westgate, its always been wakey down there :RpS_biggrin:

up past morrisons towards lupset traffic lights?
never heard of a town called darnley in wakey at the bottom of westgate, its always been wakey down there :RpS_biggrin:

its just a little housing estate. its at the back of the prison

is that called darnley? never knew that, been there a few times after a neet round wakey:RpS_biggrin:

is that called darnley? never knew that, been there a few times after a neet round wakey:RpS_biggrin:[/QUOTE
i call it darnley and so do loads of people i know lol. not the greatest area but never mind

Status
Not open for further replies.