d+d m/r boards

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADS said:
I've dabbed it before with no problems that i know of but i can,t find any mention of it in the White Book http://www.british-gypsum.com/pdf/DS-011-02 Gyproc Moisture Resistant.pdf best to call their technical help line 0844 800 1991 with any queries (maybe i should've before using!) the concerns would be if the dab bonds to the board and if the dabs will be subject to damp conditions.

The dab on the back will bond as its just the same as a back on a normal board. On the point of the dabs getting damp well if these boards actually do what there supposed to then that should not be a problem also

barryed said:
ADS said:
I've dabbed it before with no problems that i know of but i can,t find any mention of it in the White Book http://www.british-gypsum.com/pdf/DS-011-02 Gyproc Moisture Resistant.pdf best to call their technical help line 0844 800 1991 with any queries (maybe i should've before using!) the concerns would be if the dab bonds to the board and if the dabs will be subject to damp conditions.

The dab on the back will bond as its just the same as a back on a normal board. On the point of the dabs getting damp well if these boards actually do what there supposed to then that should not be a problem also
The entire board is moisture resistant including the backing paper so it's not really the same as normal board,leave a piece of each submersed over night and see the difference.They recommend bond-it on the front of the boards if skimming,so possibly some issues with dabbing.
If the dabs are continually exposed to moisture(whilst staining won't be an issue)it could cause it to blow.
Don't get me wrong i don't give a s**t,it's just if i did have any problems BG would not back me nor guarantee the materials.

As far as i am concerned MR boards are shite .... we did a job a few years back where ordinary board and MR board got wet .... both turned to mushy shi.te

richardbrown said:
As far as i am concerned MR boards are (german word)e .... we did a job a few years back where ordinary board and MR board got wet .... both turned to mushy shi.te
What make were they?

hi,fellas ,i was gonna wba the back of the board as i would the front if skimming as was told they repel water for fun. so with the dabbing the back i was wondering if not treated it could cause a reaction in time from the moisture in the dabs?

richardbrown said:
ADS said:
richardbrown said:
As far as i am concerned MR boards are (german word)e .... we did a job a few years back where ordinary board and MR board got wet .... both turned to mushy shi.te
What make were they?

Knauf mate
Their materials do seem to be hit or miss. but i can't help using them cos they usually come out cheaper than BG(Ah that might explain a few things!)
That said i mainly use Lafarge now cos that's even cheaper!
Did you contact their technical department?

Status
Not open for further replies.