cutting renderboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never used one or seen one in fact. have a word with runswithscissors here he may have seen them in action

Thats what i use but mine dont fold away but nowhere near that price around a fiver as i renember.

Thats what i use but mine dont fold away but nowhere near that price around a fiver as i renember.

sounds like u got the hardie backer cutter i saw them £5.99 at tops tiles coz i went in looking for a diamond blade for cordless i normally use.... ill get one no point paying the extra ....the srtiker says it has a file a saw ! and u can use the end to hammer in screw heads !! bet that works good ...cheers for the answer

Ay Op Matey peeps...... Long time!

Can't say I have ever seen any carbide knives...... I assume they are a knife with a carbide tip.... so the cutting edge will last longer than a standard worked steel blade.

Kind of like a carbide tip cutting disc.... you get different tip finishes which will last longer but will cost more and more, from steel to hardened steel to carbide tip to diamond tip......

depends on what you cut, how long the blade lasts and how much the blade costs......

Standard stanley knives are cheap as chips, work fine on boards that can be cut like that.... if a carbide tip blade lasts longer - see how much longer verse the cost difference.

Hardi boards have specific cutting tools - I have tried to cut using a stanley knife.... hard work! Their specific tool does the job.

Ay Op Matey peeps...... Long time!

Can't say I have ever seen any carbide knives...... I assume they are a knife with a carbide tip.... so the cutting edge will last longer than a standard worked steel blade.

Kind of like a carbide tip cutting disc.... you get different tip finishes which will last longer but will cost more and more, from steel to hardened steel to carbide tip to diamond tip......

depends on what you cut, how long the blade lasts and how much the blade costs......

Standard stanley knives are cheap as chips, work fine on boards that can be cut like that.... if a carbide tip blade lasts longer - see how much longer verse the cost difference.

Hardi boards have specific cutting tools - I have tried to cut using a stanley knife.... hard work! Their specific tool does the job.

Maybe you get ya brother runswithknifes to review this one scissor sisters........you been on holiday or what marra??

I've been very busy mate - opportunities all over the UK.......

For those of you guys who know me..... This is more true! LOL

cutting renderboards

Status
Not open for further replies.