Cutting plsterboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basher

How do you lads cut ya plasterboard, I have been told i'm old fshion with a pencil mrk straight edge and then cut with knife, i hear you just run your tape down one side nd hold tpe and knife t'other side??

Both techniques are useful the hold tape and knife way is ok on straight cuts but when it gets a bit technical you can only do it with a straight edge and pencil :)

Both techniques are useful the hold tape and knife way is ok on straight cuts but when it gets a bit technical you can only do it with a straight edge and pencil :)

I agree with Bod. Theres a couple of gadgets on the market like the bladerunner but its not the best thing in the world unless you can get your boards on a trestle. I also have a board cutter like a T square with a blade on it again its ok if your working in straight lines.

All in all, best way is Pencil, feather edge and sharp blade. The old and trusted method. ;)

that bladerunner is spot on providing the boards are flat and you haven't lost your fingers when the two magnets snap together.

They struggle a bit on the specials though, firelines, soundblock etc

Status
Not open for further replies.