cutting insulated boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlos

Private Member
seen some guys dabbing insulated boards the other day on a small site and they were cutting them with a cheap £40 battery circular saw. Good idea i thought if you get a load to do, dont think they would last long though. Any one else done this?

Yep were doing the same tomorrow , walls battened out and the 90mm cellotex bonded board fixed to the top, gonna post some pics in the newby section when done just as a general guide, would just normally dot em on but it's a council spec job

i have used a cirular saw but found it very dustey just use a hand saw now tought a jig saw might be good but haveent tried it yet

try using one of those knifes with snap off blades that you can push the blade right out and cut from the insulated side works no probs

just use the saw thats designed for the job. the wooden handled saw as the old boy calls it

I used a circular saw on my last job cutting insoboards,in the past i used hand saw,but this ws a big job with lots of cuts so used th circular saw.
you have to cut from the back first as it creates less damage to the front of the board ull plaster.
But be warned its f**k ing messy bussiness.You need goggles too and a face mask.

Any u guys got a cordless plasterboard router??
i got one used it once never used it again since about 2 years last time i used the thing.

no mate, i purchsed it off ebay 2 year ago for about £80 i thinks??
I had these reinforced boards to cut that were really hard to cut aquard shapes and someone told me to get one of them so i did rests history.

skimmin2day said:
Any u guys got a cordless plasterboard router??
i got one used it once never used it again since about 2 years last time i used the thing.
No but I wouldnt mind. They use em alot in the states and Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.