curving plasterboards

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDS

how do you do it? i have done it by scoring every 2 inc then snapping the board to get around a curved ceilling. i heard a mate of mine say he dampend the paper on the board and leand it agains a wall over night but what if the board is 2-3 feet and would not have enough weight in it to bent itself. please explane how you would all do it if you were curving a ceilling on to joists about 2-3 curve.

do it like your mate says lean it against a wall bending it gradually do it as your boarding the rest of the ceiling spray some water bend let it dry, spray let it bend and so on wedging it between the flor and wall but the key is do it with a full length lets say 6 x 3 or 8 x 4 this will bend easier then cut your 3 foot.

leave it outside overnight undercover in case of rain and the moisture in the air wil help to bend by makin the gypsum damp and bend the board

both methods are good and work !
if you got the time its best to spray next day just make 1 or 2 scores throughg it in the exact place you need them

forgot to mention....its skimming curved walls that the hard bit.

skimmin2day said:
both methods are good and work !
if you got the time its best to spray next day just make 1 or 2 scores throughg it in the exact place you need them

forgot to mention....its skimming curved walls that the hard bit.

just turn your trowel through 90 degress its easy ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.