Curved ceiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoothdude

Hi guys I've got my first plastering job on next week :RpS_biggrin: But it's a curved ceiling with no break in between the wall and ceiling on one side. What would be the best way to go about this it's not very big about 4sqm. Thanks in advance!!!!!!

You can get flexible plaster boards which have a layer of fibreglass in them especially for curved walls/ceiling etc. Not cheap though and only 6 mm thick :RpS_thumbup:

[h=1]British Gypsum Glasroc Multiboard 6mm x 1200mm x 2400mm[/h]

Last edited:
They are very flexible and can be bent into arches, round curved walls etc without breaking. have used the Glasroc ones on curved archways before (builder supplied). On;y a problem if regs say you need a minimum thickness etc I guess.

i used the contour board on a egg shaped building [only walls] and double boarded it to get thickness one coat portrait one coat landscape

Hi guys I've got my first plastering job on next week :RpS_biggrin: But it's a curved ceiling with no break in between the wall and ceiling on one side. What would be the best way to go about this it's not very big about 4sqm. Thanks in advance!!!!!!

try and get a photo of the area first bud, will help you get the best advice :RpS_biggrin:

Why are we boarding it? Have i missed somthin?:RpS_unsure:

is it just reskimming existing?

Here's one we did - though it was a big area and took full sheets of 3/8ths 8x4, wouldn't work on a tighter bend.

Blackberry%20Halt%202%20@%20Skipwith%20Station.jpg

..and an outside view (nicked from their website)

Blackberry%20Halt.JPG

Holiday Cottage North Yorkshire | Skipwith Station

rhys, whats happening to the robson and cooper shop opposite judges lodgings in York now, do you know where I mean,

I'm just skimming the customer doesn't want a edge or break in between the wall and ceiling wants to keep it how it is. Will try get a photo tomorrow

hi guys I've got my first plastering job on next week :RpS_biggrin: But it's a curved ceiling with no break in between the wall and ceiling on one side. What would be the best way to go about this it's not very big about 4sqm. Thanks in advance!!!!!!
Do you mean the wall and ceiling are effectively one,in that there is no corner to seperate them?if so i would be inclined to skim both ceiling and wall together,would make for a better job.

Do you mean the wall and ceiling are effectively one,in that there is no corner to seperate them?if so i would be inclined to skim both ceiling and wall together,would make for a better job.
Yes that is what I meant sorry for not being clear.

As the man above said then smoothdude......do it as one:RpS_thumbup:

It's shutting if it hasn't already shut. I know where you mean..

City shop to close after 170 years (From York Press)

thanks rhys, I was in the shop last year and got a wallet, met the owner a really genuine bloke, ...went back to York this year in august and we happened to be there on the last day of trading, sorry to see it go,..... and that judges lodgings what a difference that pub is now, but seemed to be an awful lot of changes in York this year, but will be back in june 2015.

Fat??:RpS_confused: I've always pictured you skinny like that Rylan fella off x factor
Lol...iv'e seen the pics.....rylan x factor caant does look like rhys:RpS_thumbup:

but rhys is more handsomer:RpS_blink:

Last edited:
Score straight lines approx 30mm/40mm apart right across the back (brown side) of plaster board then snap down the lines carefully........ta dah! a cheap curved plaster board. :RpS_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.