cscs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure its the government who are funding it i thought the CITB had something to do with it thats why some firms deduct 2% out of your wages coz they are registered with CITB sure this has been mentioned before.

spunky said:
clinton makes perfect sense mate so obviously cant be true........................i started my a levels then discovered drugs and dropped out so could that mean my funding has gone?
I started my A levels and nearly finished them but discovered blue powder fire extinguishers and how much fun they are to spray at people from a speeding car, so got 'asked to leave.'

where exactly are you lads looking for your funding i dont get it, the firm im working for at the moment is quite big about a hundred lads plus office staff and we seem to get funding all the time, they just has a learning agency and they come out and offer us what we want we all already got nvq's in some things now they have been out just before christmas and said that we can do more if we want so i already got a nvq in dry lining because when i was doing it last time the training company didnt do plastering, so now im getting level 3 solid plastering, level 3 occupational workplace supervision, and i might even do the level 4 in site management if i can be bothered, it doesnt cost us anything just had a letter through with the date etc of health and safety test have to do a new supervisers one, all that has been paid for the hardest thing we have to do is smile for the photo's when the asseser turns up

To be eligible for Adult Learning Grant, the course you take must lead to your FIRST full Level 2 or first full Level 3 qualification.

From: https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/AdultLearning/FinancialHelpForAdultLearners/Adultlearninggrant/DG_068346

Here is a Train2Gain NVQ Funding Eligibility questionaire with instant results as to whether you can get a free NVQ. I failed for level 2 & 3. Anyone who has been to college already will at least have an NVQ.
https://www.thenvqcentre.co.uk/funding.php

flynnyman said:
Are you sure its the government who are funding it i thought the CITB had something to do with it thats why some firms deduct 2% out of your wages coz they are registered with CITB sure this has been mentioned before.
you have to agree to the deduction of 2% aswell as it cant be passed on legally without your consent if it isnt in you start contract then they cant legally deduct it

i got it free 5 years ago but started a college course when i left school and dropped out as the pub was more appealing

napper83 said:
flynnyman said:
you have to agree to the deduction of 2% aswell as it cant be passed on legally without your consent if it isnt in you start contract then they cant legally deduct it

Yep and you know what they say when your not prepared to pay it bye bye, ive had plenty of arguements about it in the past with plenty of firms the only time i got out of it was when i registered with citb myself.

flynnyman said:
napper83 said:
flynnyman said:

Yep and you know what they say when your not prepared to pay it bye bye, ive had plenty of arguements about it in the past with plenty of firms the only time i got out of it was when i registered with citb myself.

i know its just like the cscs either you pay for it or f**k off ;D ;D

clinton78 said:
To be eligible for Adult Learning Grant, the course you take must lead to your FIRST full Level 2 or first full Level 3 qualification.

From: https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/AdultLearning/FinancialHelpForAdultLearners/Adultlearninggrant/DG_068346

Here is a Train2Gain NVQ Funding Eligibility questionaire with instant results as to whether you can get a free NVQ. I failed for level 2 & 3. Anyone who has been to college already will at least have an NVQ.
https://www.thenvqcentre.co.uk/funding.php

ALG is completely different its in place of EMA which is given to people under 19 to keep them in college, ALG is the same thing for adults its £30 a week. You must also be studying full time - at least 12 hours a week (equivalent to 450 hours of ‘guided learning’ a year, or 150 hours a term) - and attending college regularly. Nothing to do with onsite assesments. Train2gain, As a Train to Gain provider, The NVQ Centre can offer funding for your training. To see if you could be eligable for funding depends on your existing qualifications and employment status, this again is training not assesing. I thought the whole debate was about assesing you to get your NVQ2 in the trade you have been doing for years, what you are talking about is looking for a grant to do training which is mixing the whole subject up.

napper83 said:
flynnyman said:
napper83 said:
flynnyman said:

i know its just like the cscs either you pay for it or (french word) off ;D ;D

Exactly, if people wouldnt of dragged their heels they could of got it for free a while back, God knows what its gonna be like for other trades that are not involved in a debate similar to this. I can see another thousand members to this forum in the next few months and they wont be asking how much should i charge they will be crying i cant get on site cos of CSCS what can i do.

i thought every trade had to have a cscs to get on site not just plasterers i thought if they had a cscs policy then it was if you dont have one you dont come on

napper83 said:
i thought every trade had to have a cscs to get on site not just plasterers i thought if they had a cscs policy then it was if you dont have one you dont come on

It is every other trade but not just trades men also Ecologists, Flue Fitters, Hauliers, HGV Mechanic/Fitters, Locksmiths, Marquee Erectors, Pest Controllers, Security Guards and even the Tool Hire Delivery Driver.

The on site accessor is for the sole purpose of tradesmen like ourselves who are already competent in the chosen NVQ subject and is an easier option to gain an NVQ for time spent tradesmen with the experience. So that they do not have to take time off work to do a college course. So it is exactly the same as funding for training at a college one day a week or whatever to train as a plasterer. Now people who work for a large firm who are paying this 2% CITB deduction they might get a lot of benefits and free courses because the firm is registered and pays it's 2% for every fella on the firm. But what about people who are self employed?

For anyone who is interested in knowing if they qualify for the government to pay a company to send one of their accessor's out to make sure you can plaster and then gain an NVQ in Plastering for FREE

Go thru this simple questionnaire for an instant yes or no answer: https://www.thenvqcentre.co.uk/funding.php

Simples! ;)

napper83 said:
can they not just get the yellow regular site visitor card?

Nah! soon (Was supposed to be 2010) to be able to work as a plasterer on a building site doing plastering you have to have a cscs card that has a record of the plastering qualifications you have on the back of it. Yes you could get on site with a labourers/basic health and safety CSCS card but in the induction depending on how strict the site managers are they could say "You have not got the necessary qualifications to plaster on my site you are only qualified to be a labourer but unfortunately i've got enough Polish and Albanian labourers already so f**k off!"

clinton78 said:
The on site accessor is for the sole purpose of tradesmen like ourselves who are already competent in the chosen NVQ subject and is an easier option to gain an NVQ for time spent tradesmen with the experience. So that they do not have to take time off work to do a college course. So it is exactly the same as funding for training at a college one day a week or whatever to train as a plasterer. Now people who work for a large firm who are paying this 2% CITB deduction they might get a lot of benefits and free courses because the firm is registered and pays it's 2% for every fella on the firm. But what about people who are self employed?

For anyone who is interested in knowing if they qualify for the government to pay a company to send one of their accessor's out to make sure you can plaster and then gain an NVQ in Plastering for FREE

Go thru this simple questionnaire for an instant yes or no answer: https://www.thenvqcentre.co.uk/funding.php

Simples! ;)

Clinton training and going to college one day a week is not the same as onsite assesment, come on, the clue is in the name train2gain, also just to point out you will only get the training if you are normally and lawfully resident in the UK and have been for the past three years. Also it says at the begining "Please be aware that this questionnaire is provided as a guide only and does not represent a formal statement of funding eligibility".

clinton78 said:
napper83 said:
can they not just get the yellow regular site visitor card?

Nah! soon (Was supposed to be 2010) to be able to work as a plasterer on a building site doing plastering you have to have a cscs card that has a record of the plastering qualifications you have on the back of it. Yes you could get on site with a labourers/basic health and safety CSCS card but in the induction depending on how strict the site managers are they could say "You have not got the necessary qualifications to plaster on my site you are only qualified to be a labourer but unfortunately i've got enough Polish and Albanian labourers already so (french word) off!"

Blaming foreigners coz you never educated yourself hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[/quote]

What do you mean by not educating myself?

clinton78 said:

What do you mean by not educating myself?
[/quote]

What problems are you having getting the CSCS card?

I've got a CSCS card. I do not have a plasterers CSCS card because I do not have £600+ at the moment to pay for an accessor to come out and access my work and issue me with an NVQ level 2 or 3 in plastering. I have stated in previous posts why I am unable to get free funding for the assessment: I have got previous qualifications that were funded by the government.

How on earth was I blaming foreigners anyway?

clinton78 said:
I've got a CSCS card. I do not have a plasterers CSCS card because I do not have £600+ at the moment to pay for an accessor to come out and access my work and issue me with an NVQ level 2 or 3 in plastering. I have stated in previous posts why I am unable to get free funding for the assessment: I have got previous qualifications that were funded by the government.

How on earth was I blaming foreigners anyway?

you dont have a plasterers CSCS card coz you dont have the quals which was my reference to educating yourself you blamed foreigners in a previous post " i've got enough Polish and Albanian labourers already so (french word) off!" you might of copy and pasted it but it was your post you posted it in, in an answer to another post. Im not having a go but its erelevant who is on site but to mention a certain section is wrong in my opinion, this card hopefully will clean the sites up and give everyone a fairer playing field. Hopefully ;)

Read that post again Flynnyman. I was simply pointing out that when you turn up on site with a labourers CSCS card all you will be able to do is be a labourer and they/the site probably won't want that because they have got enough foreign labourers already. I educated myself by listening, watching, and practising what my father showed me using his 37 years of onsite experience as a plasterer. The building game has been running for many many years and up til now has had no trouble in sorting the chancers from the quality in it's own way. The health and safety aspect of the card I can agree with but the qualifications are pure bullshit unless you are installing something that could potentially kill someone ie Plumbs/sparks.

clinton78 said:
Read that post again Flynnyman. I was simply pointing out that when you turn up on site with a labourers CSCS card all you will be able to do is be a labourer and they/the site probably won't want that because they have got enough foreign labourers already. I educated myself by listening, watching, and practising what my father showed me using his 37 years of onsite experience as a plasterer. The building game has been running for many many years and up til now has had no trouble in sorting the chancers from the quality in it's own way. The health and safety aspect of the card I can agree with but the qualifications are pure bull(german word) unless you are installing something that could potentially kill someone ie Plumbs/sparks.

i dont need to read it again there is no need to mention anyones nationality when we are discusing CSCS cards would you agree on that? Qualifications are not bullshit would you teach your kids that? i thought not.

Sorry we shall have to agree to disagree. I feel I have to mention them when it appears that they are getting free nvq's in this country and I am not, It makes me physically sick come to think of it. To make the comparison between the kind of education and qualifications my child will get at school to that of someone on a weeks long plastering course is laughable. Come on?

clinton78 said:
Sorry we shall have to agree to disagree. I feel I have to mention them when it appears that they are getting free nvq's in this country and I am not, It makes me physically sick come to think of it. To make the comparison between the kind of education and qualifications my child will get at school to that of someone on a weeks long plastering course is laughable. Come on?

You see how your sounding "them" and "they" dont believe what you hear and ask how are they getting their assesment instead of resenting it. I never mentioned a weeks course or made any comparison to a weeks course i said qualifications are not bull(german word). What ya gonna say when they ask you questions that you cant answer about plastering and who are you gonna blame? Comparing the onsite assesment two two years in college achieving a NVQ2 is laughable.

So what "them or they" I'm sick of them being here and I resent them 1000% the same as any right minded British tradesman should.

I am far to bored Flynnyman to continue with the knit picky arguments ok! You won!

clinton78 said:
So what "them or they" I'm sick of them being here and I resent them 1000% the same as any right minded British tradesman should.

I am far to bored Flynnyman to continue with the knit picky arguments ok! You won!

I thank you now i can go to bed and please dont say 1000% its a pet hate of mine its 100% and i think you mean right minded racist tradesmen.

racism is a strong word resenting an influx of foreign workers isn't racism but the anger shouldn't be towards the worker they are just taking advantage of this governments f**k ups and im sure if any of us could triple our wage by working abroad we would, look at how many lads went to Germany in the 80's

the last site i was on there was more welsh than english .......f**k off back to youre own country c**ts ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.