cscs cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoddo

Alrite guys

How do I go on about getting a cscs card, I've done a search on here and online and it seems I need to have NVQ's. Which I haven't got! I spent 15 years on site work and back then cards were not needed, of recent years I've just done domestic, extensions etc. I'm now getting the opertunity for many jobs but a cscs card is needed, I was taught through the family plastering business and have no qualifications. Surely after being in the trade over 16 years I'm not expected to go to college just to get NVQ's for a card? Any help appreciated cheers

Nice one
James

The short answer is 'yes you are expected to get an NVQ'.

You can get a labourer's card without an NVQ, but as rates on site are frequently tied to CSCS grades that's probably not going to help.

Alrite guys

How do I go on about getting a cscs card, I've done a search on here and online and it seems I need to have NVQ's. Which I haven't got! I spent 15 years on site work and back then cards were not needed, of recent years I've just done domestic, extensions etc. I'm now getting the opertunity for many jobs but a cscs card is needed, I was taught through the family plastering business and have no qualifications. Surely after being in the trade over 16 years I'm not expected to go to college just to get NVQ's for a card? Any help appreciated cheers

Nice one
James
Hi James its Lynn at Geason, we deliver on site nvqs levels 2, 3, 4, 6 & 7. We have funding for level 2 if you want to send me your number i will call you tomorrow about it.

Thanks
Lynn

Hi James its Lynn at Geason, we deliver on site nvqs levels 2, 3, 4, 6 & 7. We have funding for level 2 if you want to send me your number i will call you tomorrow about it.

Thanks
Lynn

Cheers
So is level 2 an ok level to get jobs on site work then?

Cheers
So is level 2 an ok level to get jobs on site work then?
Level 2 will get u onto any live sites and will get you a blue cscs skilled workers card in solid plastering lasting you 5 years.

Level 3 and above is more for supervisor and ganger roles.

You can get a labourer's card without an NVQ, but as rates on site are frequently tied to CSCS grades that's probably not going to help.

Is that how it works these days then? So if I get funded for a level 2 card I could be paid less than a bloke with a higher grade but I'm quite capable of doing the job to a higher grade

Level 2 will get u onto any live sites and will get you a blue cscs skilled workers card in solid plastering lasting you 5 years.

Level 3 and above is more for supervisor and ganger roles.

Right ok cheers that has answered my question
If you could give me a call tomorrow please Lynn on 07900814752 that would be great cheers

James

Have you seen grades of pay on grades of cscs card?

Have you seen grades of pay on grades of cscs card?

The JIB rates for sparkies are based on the CSCS card grades. There was talk of making it industry wide a while back. Then the whole 'identity fraud' thing came to light with the CSCS cards and it went quiet for a while.

Gold CSCS card is advanced city and guilds or level 3 NVQ... dont know what thats got to do with ganger or supversor card ??

We offer both level 3 in plastering and level 3 management nvqs for supervisors etc

baffled now.. but I will get through it.. no one panic.... I have the gold plastering card, and gold scaff cards... also my scaff supv card is gold... thought site gaffer was black.. my tileing card is gold aswell.. so whats this blue card ?

baffled now.. but I will get through it.. no one panic.... I have the gold plastering card, and gold scaff cards... also my scaff supv card is gold... thought site gaffer was black.. my tileing card is gold aswell.. so whats this blue card ?
Your micro card?

There's nothing wrong with qualifications! ;)
Screenshot_2015-05-21-21-38-53-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.