Cscs card

City and guilds, is not associated or recognised with nvq you need nvq level 2 blue card, you will need an assessor to see your work and make sure your competent, gleeson will be along shortly to assist you

Just shows what a farce it is when city and guilds qualification is not recognised and an nvq is!!
i don't know why it's like that to be honest , a few year ago city n guilds was the qualification people wanted but now its nvq , i had 20 plus years more experience than my assessor ,i did the experienced worker route and did everything in one day .

i don't know why it's like that to be honest , a few year ago city n guilds was the qualification people wanted but now its nvq , i had 20 plus years more experience than my assessor ,i did the experienced worker route and did everything in one day .
Yup and to be honest those with an nvq 2 or 3 can't always do the damn job... seen it a lot over the years

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There are assessors that just complete their level 3 then go straight on to teach which is not a good move

Yup and to be honest those with an nvq 2 or 3 can't always do the damn job... seen it a lot over the years

some of the problem is turn over , i.e. more pupils qualify more money for the assessor ,so you get people not been good, but in life in general whats good for one isn't good for another ,and some are just plain shite !

There are assessors that just complete their level 3 then go straight on to teach which is not a good move

There are also people who do short courses and go straight out and start working on people houses :popcorn:

I did my city and guilds level 1 on the course, the whole thing took about 2 hours to complete and thats why its now a joke...the skimming requirement was skim a 1m x 1m piece of wall

I hate it when people shout down NVQ's, qualifications or apprenticeships for that matter but defend short courses to the death. The Hypocrisy is absurd.

I just want everyone to be really good at their job, whatever the route if mrs smith or mr site manager is happy everyone is a winner

It's all just causality, there's a million ways to climb a hill

I hate it when people shout down NVQ's, qualifications or apprenticeships for that matter but defend short courses to the death. The Hypocrisy is absurd.
My short course was 5 years in lenth,now plastering is split into loads of different categories and 5 years is way too long for any of these but personally any course under three years isnt long enough but everyone is different, just like every ceiling isnt the same or wall to complete to a passable standard

Think this thread is a bit misleading I'm not 100% sure but city and guilds is still recognised maybe not by other qualification providers, apply to go to Australia and you will see the opposite. I've not read up on quals for a while. I have C&G quals which get me a gold CSCS card. They are not suddenly worthless and in my opinion ten times better than an NVQ. @Lodan are you sure you have a C&G level one or a diploma? A lot of kids go to college to learn a trade and don't realise till they apply for a job they don't really have a qualification at all but only a diploma.

Think this thread is a bit misleading I'm not 100% sure but city and guilds is still recognised maybe not by other qualification providers, apply to go to Australia and you will see the opposite. I've not read up on quals for a while. I have C&G quals which get me a gold CSCS card. They are not suddenly worthless and in my opinion ten times better than an NVQ. @Lodan are you sure you have a C&G level one or a diploma? A lot of kids go to college to learn a trade and don't realise till they apply for a job they don't really have a qualification at all but only a diploma.
No I have the city and guilds level 1, got the certificate sent through last month

I've had a blue cscs card along time produce it every time we go on site and get inducted we hand them over to the guy who disappears and gives them back at the end of the induction so I asked if they take them away to verifiy them he said no we photocopy them and give them back what is the point

I have an nvq... I am all for a proper apprenticeship but it's not anywhere near as good as the old days... better off just working with a good plasterer

I need to get my cscs card renewed as I am going on site for a bit to do some filming and what not

I've had a blue cscs card along time produce it every time we go on site and get inducted we hand them over to the guy who disappears and gives them back at the end of the induction so I asked if they take them away to verifiy them he said no we photocopy them and give them back what is the point
The new cards are different they are chip and pin type cards that go into a machine I've seen lads disappear before the guy came back and I'm going back years. Until this thread was posted up I forgot I was the voice of the CSCS card on here for years warning people who took no notice till they were effected. The problem it had caused is it has cheapened qualifications which in my eyes has made the level two worthless which is a shame.

The new cards are different they are chip and pin type cards that go into a machine I've seen lads disappear before the guy came back and I'm going back years. Until this thread was posted up I forgot I was the voice of the CSCS card on here for years warning people who took no notice till they were effected. The problem it had caused is it has cheapened qualifications which in my eyes has made the level two worthless which is a shame.
Yes mines micro chipped and not one site manager has ever checked it

Yes mines micro chipped and not one site manager has ever checked it
I've not been on site for years, I think it depends on which or who's job your on, if the jobs behind but one thing is guaranteed if your involved in an accident that's when it becomes relevant, also if your applying for a job it becomes relevant.