Cross troweling

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start a ceiling at any point and plaster around like the hands of a clock, so in a circular pattern,

Seems hard work just thinking about it! Old school for me as well john best way too in my opinion, but hey I suppose it doesn't matter which way you do it,if it paints up alreet ;)

Wouldn't say amateurish john, more than one way to skin a cat as they say. I do it when I can pull close to centre of ceiling.

dont think it matters how it goes on really, long as its flat, I personally start at one end and finish at other

Start a ceiling at any point and plaster around like the hands of a clock, so in a circular pattern,

Thats not the way i explained it if that is to me john ?!? I always work left to right working off the wall into the middle all the way round then do the middle , then trowel middle up then from the walls into the middle to remove the marks , i under stand your way to . I wouldnt say i was a helicopter plasterer , thats more people who work off step ladders etc and trying to get as much on with out moving there ladders , i always scaffold out unless its a small ceiling then 2 hop ups and a batten xx

Thats not the way i explained it if that is to me john ?!? I always work left to right working off the wall into the middle all the way round then do the middle , then trowel middle up then from the walls into the middle to remove the marks , i under stand your way to . I wouldnt say i was a helicopter plasterer , thats more people who work off step ladders etc and trying to get as much on with out moving there ladders , i always scaffold out unless its a small ceiling then 2 hop ups and a batten xx
Was not aimed at anyone,I have plenty of faults and I never get it as good as I'd like,but no one else notices

I used to do it the other way carlos, start in the middle on big ceilings then pull in from the walls to ged rid of the trowel marks, just the way i was taught, then uncle Alvin pointed out on here that i had two wet edges, and now i do it like asif explained earlier

I used to do it the other way carlos, start in the middle on big ceilings then pull in from the walls to ged rid of the trowel marks, just the way i was taught, then uncle Alvin pointed out on here that i had two wet edges, and now i do it like asif explained earlier

LOL. can't remember telling ya, but it's true. :RpS_biggrin:

I have never heard the term cross trowelling. Assuming that's trowelling off coming in at all different directions? Found this thread interesting but after careful consideration I have decided.... who gives a ****?! :RpS_laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.